TERRITORY OUTSIDE SALES & STORE EVENT SPECIALIST – WOMEN’S FOOTWEAR:
Wholesale footwear sales showroom located at the Dallas Market Center is seeking an outside sales and in store event specialist. The showroom currently specializes in women’s comfort fashion and European made footwear brands.
• Make line presentations to retailers at markets, tradeshows, and in their stores.
• Write and submit orders via email, fax, and on B2B e-commerce platforms.
• Communicate with and assist retail partners in a courteous and professional manner including problem solving and resolving any issues they may be having.
• Communicate with customer service departments of footwear brands regarding orders and account issues.
• Manage and organize sample lines and keep them current and correct including periodically receiving and shipping samples.
• Travel to work at retail stores, regional markets, and in store trunk show events. The current territory consists of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kansas, and Missouri; so the majority of travel is within this region.
• Maintain an accurate road mileage log for vehicle travel. A vehicle will be provided for any necessary road travel.
• Save and keep track of receipts and expenses associated with business travel for bookkeeping purposes. Business and travel expenses that you incur will be covered or reimbursed.
• Make phone calls and send emails to secure appointments with retailers.
• Send mailers and catalogs to retail store buyers when necessary.
• Assist with managing the showroom including keeping it clean and organized.
• Analyze retail-selling reports and open order reports for suggestive selling and to maximize business with accounts.
• Keep account lists updated and current with correct information.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Sales experience required; retail or wholesale footwear sales experience is preferred.
• Must be able to work all shoe show market days and trunk show event days as needed including some weekends. If you are familiar with the wholesale and retail fashion industries then you know that some show dates include weekends and most in store trunk show events are on weekends. So you must be available and willing to work weekends whenever necessary and this is an absolute requirement.
• Must be physically able to lift and haul display materials, boxes, and sample cases; and pack and unpack samples as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferably fashion merchandising or a related field.
• The job is most likely to be structured in the beginning as an independent contractor position (meaning you will be paid as a 1099 type employee with no withholdings). This could change in the future as the business evolves.
• Compensation will depend on the job candidate’s level of experience, availability, and dedication of their time.
• This job is a good opportunity for someone starting a career in wholesale fashion sales or perhaps someone in retail footwear sales who would like to transition to the wholesale side of the business.
• If you like shoes and fashion and don’t mind traveling and working hard then you will enjoy working at this job and building great relationships with our retail partners!
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION EMAIL PHOTO AND RESUME TO: email@example.com