As part of the Showroom Team, the Material Handler will perform an array of functions but not limited to cleaning and maintaining the showroom floor. This position is also responsible for general duties involving physical handling of product, materials and supplies. This role has a shift of 8:30am-5:30pm.
General duties and responsibilities:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
• Require heavy lifting for an extended period of time.
• Ensure compliance and resolve all discrepancies regarding all incoming and outgoing merchandise.
• Maintain a positive attitude and encouraging working relations with all employees.
• Assist showroom manager with all requests and customer needs.
• Ability to understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions.
• Ensuring all areas of the showroom floor is neat and clean at all times.
• Ensuring the showroom daily checklist and activity log is completed daily.
• General housekeeping duties such as but not limited to, dusting, collecting trash, cleaning glass shelves and front doors, straightening pillows, etc.
• Adhere to all standard operating procedures in accordance to Loloi Rugs Dallas Showroom.
• While performing the duties of this job, showroom employees frequently stand, walk, bend, squat, twist reach with hands and arms, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent education
• At least 1 year of experience working in a warehouse or retail customer service role.
• Good verbal & written communication skills
• General use of MS Office products. MS Excel for charting and documentation as needed.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.”