Leasing Director - Soft Goods
Date Posted: 8/4/2017
Position Summary: Effectively sources leasing prospects and builds/maintains positive relationships with current tenants in order to achieve sales/leasing goals.
- Creatively maximizes sales and prospecting opportunities to achieve/exceed revenue goals; continually searches for new revenue streams; leads by example
- Works effectively with VP Leasing, Apparel & Accessories to support and mentor leasing team; is considered a competent and responsible resource within the department when acting on behalf of the VP Leasing, Apparel & Accessories
- Nurtures and maintains positive relationships with exhibitors and prospects to support and promote loyalty to DMC; maximizes relationships to increase exhibitor retention
- Creatively maximizes budgetary resources; works within budget constraints
- Maintains knowledge and expertise of assigned industry and its trends; works diligently to secure the "best of the best" exhibitors and products for markets
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
- 5-7 years of professional sales experience; previous leasing and/or industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Office Environment - Ability to sit at desk for vast majority of work shift
- Market Environment - Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time during markets
- Ability to travel as needed
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and "outside-the-box" solutions to problems.
- Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- External Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions and practices.
- Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work-unit.
- Management Control: Ensures the integrity of organization or work-unit policies, procedures, and processes.
- Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work achievements or interests associated with them.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work-unit or within the organization.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activites that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).