Engineer Technician II
Date Posted: 8/4/2017
Position Summary: Partner with management to plan and execute projects related to building maintenance and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units
- Effectively evaluates breakdowns; formulates action plans and develops timeframes for repair completion
- Operates all HVAC and electrical systems at optimum performance levels while ensuring occupancy comfort
- Directs major overhauls of HVAC and electrical equipment
- Maintains sound operational and repair knowledge of all HVAC and electrical equipment and controls
- Communicates with exhibitors, buyers and employees in a professional and courteous manner
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Level 3 HVAC Certification or HVAC license
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC and electrical systems (electronic and pneumatic)
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Stand and walk or climb ladder/stairs for the majority of shift
- Work at heights up to 75 feet in man-lifts
- Work outside in the elements up to 25% of the time
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges that importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges other to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).