Department: Retail Development
Date Posted: 8/9/2017
Position Summary: The Retail Development Coordinator is primarily focused on supporting the Retail Development Team. Responsible for assisting in the development, and execution of a variety of department programs, maintaining databases of prospective and existing clients, generating prospect leads, and coordinating special buyer incentives.
- Partners effectively with Retail Development team as necessary; communicates and shares relevant information
- Assist in recruiting and securing quality buyer attendance through various departmental programs (i.e. exhibitor partnerships, strategic travel incentives, and telemarketing)
- Assist in effectively maintaining, growing, and updating a comprehensive industry related customer database including loyal buyers, territory-based buyers and strategic prospects.
- Learn and grow an understanding on which stores have the biggest impact on Market
- Support new and current programs to enhance leasing goals in market segments or new business
- Database management: maintains/updates database of prospective and VIP retailers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
- 1-3 years retail, buying or wholesale service experience required; some marketing experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Required to learn, apply, and extensively use Proprietary Systems: CRM and Buyers Registration
- Office Environment - Ability to sit at desk for vast majority of work shift
- Market Environment - Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during markets
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).