IT Technical Support Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Date Posted: 8/31/2017
Position Summary: This position works as part of a Help Desk team to install, modify and make repairs to personal computers and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users. This position will also involve advanced desktop troubleshooting as well as server and network responsibilities. This position is very hands-on and requires a willingness to work as part of a cohesive team. All team members are expected to keep abreast of the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Provides Help Desk support
- Assists in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources
- Assists in the planning, design, documentation ,and implementation of various systems to include desktop PCs, servers, network equipment, and software applications
- Assists in PC, server and network related security procedures, testing and validation
- Monitors and maintains the use and connectivity of printers and print servers
- Adds new users and specifies appropriate system access level for all users, groups, systems and programs
- Assists with desktop PCs and server anti-virus systems and updates
- Desktop management including images, hardware and software
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots PC software
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots hardware failures; replaces failed hardware as needed
- Loads appropriate software packages, such as operating systems and office applications
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users' requirements
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users via voicemail, e-mail or in-person communication
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years previous experience with the duties/responsibilities indicated herein
- Understanding of networking and topology; understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, and related network services is a plus
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Excellent PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills, including installation and support of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Strong proficiency in installation and support of all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with iPhone/iPad/Android devices including iOS and Android OS
- Experience with Office 365
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Office Environment - Ability to sit at desk for vast majority of work shift
- Market Environment - Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during markets
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
- Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Systems/Technology: Manages the use of technologies in the context of achieving work-unit or organization objectives. Understands systems and technologies, including their interrelationships and impacts, and appropriately applies that understanding to advance the achievement of worn-unit or organization objectives. Demonstrates technical proficiency and comprehends its impact upon work-unit responsibility.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).