Engineer Technician I
Date Posted: 9/1/2017
Position Summary: Maintains HVAC systems and related equipment to ensure maximum performance
- Performs repairs, service and preventative maintenance on HVAC and electrical equipment
- Repairs and/or replaces common area lighting as needed
- Maintains sound operational and repair knowledge of all electrical and pneumatic controls relating to HVAC equipment
- Maintains accurate records of equipment condition; effectively evaluates future equipment
- Responds to exhibitor requests in an efficient and courteous manner
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- HVAC service training
- 1-3 years of related repairs and maintenance experience
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC (electrical and pneumatic) and electrical systems
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Stand, walk or climb ladder/stairs for majority of work shift
- Work at heights up to 75 ft in man-lifts
- Work in weather elements up to 25% of the time
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course>"
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work-unit or within the organization.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activites that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207