Engineer Technician I
Date Posted: 9/1/2017
Position Summary: Maintains HVAC systems and related equipment to ensure maximum performance
- Performs repairs, service and preventative maintenance on HVAC and electrical equipment
- Repairs and/or replaces common area lighting as needed
- Maintains sound operational and repair knowledge of all electrical and pneumatic controls relating to HVAC equipment
- Maintains accurate records of equipment condition; effectively evaluates future equipment
- Responds to exhibitor requests in an efficient and courteous manner
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- HVAC service training
- 1-3 years of related repairs and maintenance experience
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC (electrical and pneumatic) and electrical systems
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Stand, walk or climb ladder/stairs for majority of work shift
- Work at heights up to 75 ft in man-lifts
- Work in weather elements up to 25% of the time
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course>"
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work-unit or within the organization.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activites that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).