Position Summary: Responsible for providing effective support to the VP of Publishing and Media Sales Managers to allow them time to thoroughly canvas the exhibitors on the DMC campus in their job of consulting and selling proprietary advertising products to those exhibitors.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Effectively organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information (files, database, etc.); communicates related information to the VP; answers and responds to phone calls in a timely and efficient manner
· Act as principle interface with Exhibitors in absence of VP/Media or Media Sales Managers
· Handle exhibitors and inquiries
· Use database to record media sales
· Collects contracts, art files and outstanding exhibitor billing as needed
· Keeps spread sheets for Sponsorships, E-Mail Blasts, Web-Site advertising as needed
· Extensive internal database management
· Monitor and approve timesheets; maintain timeoff calendar for Media team; manages individual comp time earned and used
· Interacts and communicates with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Supports markets by staffing information booths or assisting Leasing associates as needed
· Organize materials for shows
· Schedules travel as needed for team
· Manage expense accounts
· Provide timeline for sales process
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Some College preferred – Business or related field of study
· 2-3 years administrative/office experience
· Proficiency in Oracle, Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Goldmine
· Strong database management ability
· Some project management experience preferred
· Office environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Duties - Extensive periods of walking during markets
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).