Position Summary: Dallas Market Center (DMC) is in search of a creative, organized and energetic Video Manager with 1-3 years experience to join its marketing team. The position will design and produce videos and motion animation graphics for sales and marketing use, for internal and external audiences.
· Job Overview: We’re looking for an inspired moviemaker; a creative mind with excellent camera and editing skills who can craft short-form videos promoting the most complete wholesale marketplace in the world. From fashion shows to special events, new product introductions to guest appearances, you will capture the energy and commerce inside Dallas Market Center. What can you expect? To produce a range of projects each year including market recaps, sales videos, internal and external educational and training videos. In addition, this position is responsible for video monitor content throughout the campus promoting market events. What do we expect? A creative yet consistent point of view, strong communication skills, disciplined creative processes, and an ability to think strategically and on your feet. It will also demand exceptional organization and eager support of the Marketing and Sales teams. Just so you don’t have to ask, the position will require weekend work during markets and may require occasional travel to capture content. The bottom line? You are joining a great team of creative minds and fun people. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing Communications.
· Job Tasks:
o Present ideas and storyboards to internal team while collaborating with different departments.
o Film market events, interviews, internal and promotional videos onsite and offsite. On-set tasks will consist of shooting, lighting, general on-set support, and audio mixing from start to finish.
o Perform video editing and other post-production functions using Adobe Creative Cloud and Blackbox Monitor software. Post-production duties include but are not limited to logging, editing, color correction, light sound design, motion graphics design and production, compositing graphics, text layouts, and graphic design.
o Prepare video and audio content for website support, sales presentation and audience communications
o Handle multiple projects with quick turnaround
o Archive and manage library of video and motion graphics assets
o Craft project-relevant content strategies and update materials to support goals, scope, and requirements of projects to ensure organizational branding and messaging
o Manage and execute various other internal video needs including monitor content across campus promoting market events
· Candidates should have a strong education, professional experience or college degree in a related field with an impressive reel
· 1-3 years experience of video production (full-time or internships)
· Additional marketing, advertising or copywriting experience
· Experience with social media marketing
· Ability to manage or assist with a variety of multi-media presentation needs
· Multiple set-up tear-down of interview locations
· Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift.
· Market Duties –Light lifting, moving and a significant amount of walking.
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· External Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions, and practices.
· Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
· Management Control: Ensures the integrity of organization or work unit policies, procedures, and processes.
· Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work processes.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Staffing/Performance Management: Evaluates staffing needs and effectively manages the ongoing performance of all staff assigned to the work unit. Communicates regularly and effectively with staff regarding expectations and performance outcomes. Ensure staffing levels are adequate for the work unit.
· Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work unit or within the organization.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Develops and implements the use of a strategic vision of the organization in the future.
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207