Position Summary: The Marketing Content Coordinator creates and manages marketing content across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. The position collaborates with marketing, customer relations, leasing and human resources to develop meaningful content across marketing channels including public relations, social media, web, email, and video.
· Work across the company to create and implement public relations, social media, web, email, video, and general communications content
· Assist with content strategy for communications platforms
· Cultivate relationships with trade publications, bloggers and national consumer press to increase media coverage and awareness of the Dallas Market Center brand
· Draft, distribute and place numerous press releases in national trade and consumer publications; develop and pitch story ideas to media; draft talking points for media interviews
· Organize, maintain and update key media contacts
· Coordinate social media programming and content, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
· Participate independently in social media conversations surrounding the brand
· Enhance the growth of the social platforms
· Work closely with a photographer and video specialist during Markets
· Capture commerce and product images for distribution and posting
· Manage media attendance at Markets including registration and the Press Room
· Track and archive print and online coverage; post and circulate as needed
· Compile coverage reports and analytics
· Work closely with Creative Services to create sales content for leasing collateral/online
· Track and measure the level of engagement within our audiences over time
· Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external audiences and the media across all communication channels and vehicles
· Other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, or related field
· Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift. At market the duties are more strenuous and requite light lifting, moving and a significant amount of walking.
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).