Position Summary: The Jr. Graphic/Digital Media Designer creates and implements marketing communications projects for Dallas Market Center. This includes designing logos, ads, print collateral, web, signage and emails utilizing HTML5/CSS3.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Conceptualize graphics based on certain themes on a day to day basis
· Develop original concepts including emails, collateral, web, social, etc.
· Apply Dallas Market Center’s brand standards across all marketing materials
· Translate ideas and business requirements into engaging visual presentations and design solutions
· Maintain archives of image, photos and previous projects on group servers
· Efficiently handle high-volume workload and ensure all deadlines are met
· Other related duties as assigned
· Degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design or related field
· 2-3 years of design experience (print and digital)
· Strong proficiency with Dreamweaver, Adobe Creative Suite 6 including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
· Proficiency with HTML5/CSS3 for building emails. Proficiency in HubSpot or similar email program a plus.
· Strong attention to detail
· Solid knowledge of fundamental design, typography, photography, and design trends
· Strong time management abilities and ability to work with little supervision
· Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate problems when they arise
· Must be able to receive constructive feedback from other team members and colleagues with an open mind
· Knowledge of making print ready files
· Willingness to learn things which are outside of your knowledge base
· Office Environment - Sit at desk for majority of work day
· Market Weekends – Extended amounts of walking
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207