Position Summary: Responsible for overall management, operation, and buyer/exhibitor relations for the IHDC Gallery Showroom
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Creatively maximizes sales and prospecting opportunities to achieve/exceed revenue goals for the showroom; assist in securing lease renewals in a timely manner; goal of achieving and maintaining 100% occupancy
· Maintains knowledgeable level of showroom products/lines to effectively assist buyers in writing orders, understanding terms, selling samples and maintaining up-to-date monthly order logs; ensures collateral material is available and distributed
· Effectively oversees on-site management and operations of showroom by coordinating with Housekeeping, Engineering, Security, Maintenance, etc., to maximize buyer experience and ensure showroom is presentable and prepared for daily traffic
· Coordinates and manages every aspect of new exhibitor move-ins; ensures exhibitors are informed and follow move-in procedures; coordinates freight receipt, signage and marketing needs
· Nurtures and maintains positive relationships with showroom exhibitors and prospects to support and promote loyalty to DMC; maximizes relationships to increase exhibitor retention
· Maintains and updates current exhibitor roster with Protective Services and assists exhibitors with after-hours access to building and showroom
· Works with Marketing Department to promote the Gallery through press releases, brochures, website content, etc., for external promotion of the showroom
· Assists when needed with accounting on collection issues among tenants
· Attends local design events as representative to keep the Gallery top of mind among this community
· Other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
· 7+ years of professional sales, leasing, and/or showroom management experience
· 5-7 years experience or working knowledge of residential and commercial interior design industries
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during markets
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work achievements or interests associated with them.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207