Position Summary: Directs the development, implementation, and review of marketing communications projects for the gift industry and the gift and home temporary shows at Dallas Market Center. Serves as the central marketing department project director promoting gift events and exhibitors at Dallas Market Center as well as projects to help drive sales and promotion of the Temps at Total Home & Gift Market. This position will lead and move the team toward the completion of projects and common goals while fostering collaboration among teams and departments.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Participates in the development of overall marketing plans
· Directs the industry marketing plans and trade event plans and schedules
· Oversees the planning and production of marketing projects that support the Marketing, Retail Development, and Leasing teams for the gift industry and events and the Temps at Total Home & Gift Market.
· Coordinates with marketing content team, graphic designers, events team, and outside partners to see projects to completion
· Ensures that projects are delivered in a timely manner and meet the brand standards and marketing objectives of Dallas Market Center
· Collaborates with teams in Retail Development, Leasing, Events, Visual, Website/IT, and Marketing to understand goals, primary target customers, business concerns, and potential opportunities that will elevate DMC’s positioning as a leader in the gift industry
· Participates as marketing team member in gift industry events including Total Home & Gift Markets and manages projects during the shows
· Manages all social media advertisments, including strategy and setup, for gift industry and the Temps at Total Home & Gift Market
· Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions
· Other tasks to support Dallas Market Center, the gift industry at Dallas Market Center, and the Temps at Total Home & Gift Market as directed
· Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing or Related Field
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift. At market the duties are more strenuous and require light lifting, moving and a significant amount of walking.
· Periodic and on occasion, last minute travel will be a requirement of supporting this position
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Analytical Orientation: Creates measurable, quantitative metrics to monitor success.
· Strategic Perspective: Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
· Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his or her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
· Creativity: Develops new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
· Organizing: Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information in a useful manner.
· Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; can diffuse even high-tension situations effectively and communicate highly technical information in a simplistic and easily understandable way.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207