Position Summary: The HTML Email Technologist works to drive the development of fully responsive email campaigns. This role includes, but is not limited to the coding of responsive HTML emails, building template-based emails, and coordinating with the marketing and creative team to ensure emails are dynamic, efficiently coded, and render correctly across all email clients.
Position Description (Performance Appraisal Criteria):
· Collaborate with designers and various stakeholders to create responsive HTML emails
· Utilize Adobe Creative tools to manipulate and optimize image assets
· Collaborate with internal customers to create and or repair HTML emails from code provided by external clients
· Code, develop, and QA HTML emails to ensure multiple email client compatibility
· Assist marketing with A/B and other testing methodology for assigned campaigns
· Troubleshoot rendering errors and adjust problematic code as needed
· Communicate with various stakeholders related to email revisions, project requirements, and other production related topics
· Create emails from templates hosted within our marketing automation solution, HubSpot
· Stay up to date on current trends and best practices related to effective, optimally performing emails
· Performs other duties as assigned by management
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 1–3 years of HTML5 + CSS3 coding experience
· Experience utilizing front-end web tools and frameworks are a plus
· Experience designing HTML emails and managing with tools such as Mailchimp or HubSpot
· Understanding of responsive table structures and the nuances of email development
· Proficiency with the Adobe Creative suite
· Ability to gracefully manage multiple projects, revisions and timelines
· Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively and professionally
· Strong problem-solving abilities
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during market
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Dependability: the individual is consistently at work and on time, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Systems/Technology: Manages the use of technologies in the context of achieving work-unit or organization objectives. Understands systems and technologies, including their interrelationships and impacts, and appropriately applies that understanding to advance the achievement of work-unit or organization objectives. Demonstrates technical proficiency and comprehends its impact upon work-unit responsibility.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).