Position Summary: The HTML Email Technologist works to drive the development of fully responsive email campaigns. This role includes, but is not limited to the coding of responsive HTML emails, building template-based emails, and coordinating with the marketing and creative team to ensure emails are dynamic, efficiently coded, and render correctly across all email clients.
Position Description (Performance Appraisal Criteria):
· Collaborate with designers and various stakeholders to create responsive HTML emails
· Utilize Adobe Creative tools to manipulate and optimize image assets
· Collaborate with internal customers to create and or repair HTML emails from code provided by external clients
· Code, develop, and QA HTML emails to ensure multiple email client compatibility
· Assist marketing with A/B and other testing methodology for assigned campaigns
· Troubleshoot rendering errors and adjust problematic code as needed
· Communicate with various stakeholders related to email revisions, project requirements, and other production related topics
· Create emails from templates hosted within our marketing automation solution, HubSpot
· Stay up to date on current trends and best practices related to effective, optimally performing emails
· Performs other duties as assigned by management
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 1–3 years of HTML5 + CSS3 coding experience
· Experience utilizing front-end web tools and frameworks are a plus
· Experience designing HTML emails and managing with tools such as Mailchimp or HubSpot
· Understanding of responsive table structures and the nuances of email development
· Proficiency with the Adobe Creative suite
· Ability to gracefully manage multiple projects, revisions and timelines
· Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively and professionally
· Strong problem-solving abilities
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during market
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Dependability: the individual is consistently at work and on time, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Systems/Technology: Manages the use of technologies in the context of achieving work-unit or organization objectives. Understands systems and technologies, including their interrelationships and impacts, and appropriately applies that understanding to advance the achievement of work-unit or organization objectives. Demonstrates technical proficiency and comprehends its impact upon work-unit responsibility.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207