| || |
Dallas Market Center (DMC) is currently looking for an experienced Data Analyst that enjoys finding simple solutions to complex problems. The selected candidate will be part of a highly professional team responsible for the direct support, delivery and success of DMC’s custom desktop and mobile applications. They will be responsible for all duties related to system and application data. The Data Analyst is also responsible for data cleanup, quality, and reliability.
Position Description (Performance appraisal criteria):
· Analyze and correlate data derived from multiple sources such as email marketing tools, proprietary back-office applications and Google analytics.
· Lead efforts to improve data quality across all collection systems.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with cross disciplined teams and meet data requirements across all organizational levels.
· Assist in the development of data collection systems and other strategies to optimize efficiency and data quality.
· Ensure all systems, applications and data transactions operate correctly and as anticipated.
· Conduct detailed data analysis, working closely with all departments to identify opportunities to increase efficiencies.
· Must be able to examine and interpret post campaign data and responses to provide desired reports to various departments to help drive future marketing activities.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
· Proficiency in MS SQL data manipulation and reporting
· Must be able to understand an create MS T-SQL scripts
· Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, data analysis and reports)
· Self-starter with attention to detail
· Excellent communication, interviewing and requirement gathering skills
· Ability to properly create and execute projects and test plans
· Experience with SQL server execution plans and query optimization a plus
· Experience with MS SQL’s reporting tools a plus
· Experience with Tableau or other query applications a plus
· Experience with Oracle PL/SQL a plus
· Must be able to sit in an office environment for the majority of each day
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Systems/Technology: Manages the use of technologies in the context of achieving work-unit or organization objectives. Understands systems and technologies, including their interrelationships and impacts, and appropriately applies that understanding to advance the achievement of work-unit or organization objectives. Demonstrates technical proficiency and comprehends its impact upon work unit responsibility.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).