Position Summary: Provides effective and efficient administrative support to the Administrative Services and Leasing departments
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Provides efficient and accurate administrative suport to the Administrative Services and Leasing departments.
· Assists with Design Events.
· Maintains and distributes rosters for exhibitor listings throughout DMC campus; is a knowledgeable resource for exhibitor information. Prepares Information Booth Notebooks.
· Manages temporary market-time storage.
· Assist in Show Office during market.
· Assist with room inspections.
· Prepares Buyers Lounges for market.
· Maintains exhibitor files – Permanent/Temporary.
· Is proactive and reliable providing assistance with market preparation as needed.
· Works efficiently in Goldmine database and DEMS databases; accurately inputs prospecting data as requested.
· Assists with the processing of leases – Permanent/Temporary.
· Assists with the preparation of Exhibitor Kits.
· Assists with the maintaining of Contractor files.
· Provide back-up assistance to Administrative Services, Executive Office, and Market Services as needed.
· Opens and distributes departmental mail.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field
· 3-5 years of General Office or Administrative experience.
· Proficiency in MS Office, (Excel, Outlook, Word, Access), a MUST.
· Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat PDF Writer and Illustrator.
· Previous experience with ExpoCad, or other floorplan software, Goldmine, or Oracle is a plus.
· Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and written.
· Must possess strong attention to detail.
· Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market environment-Extended periods of walking/standing during markets
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207