Position Summary: Provides effective and efficient administrative support to the Administrative Services and Leasing departments
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Provides efficient and accurate administrative suport to the Administrative Services and Leasing departments.
· Assists with Design Events.
· Maintains and distributes rosters for exhibitor listings throughout DMC campus; is a knowledgeable resource for exhibitor information. Prepares Information Booth Notebooks.
· Manages temporary market-time storage.
· Assist in Show Office during market.
· Assist with room inspections.
· Prepares Buyers Lounges for market.
· Maintains exhibitor files – Permanent/Temporary.
· Is proactive and reliable providing assistance with market preparation as needed.
· Works efficiently in Goldmine database and DEMS databases; accurately inputs prospecting data as requested.
· Assists with the processing of leases – Permanent/Temporary.
· Assists with the preparation of Exhibitor Kits.
· Assists with the maintaining of Contractor files.
· Provide back-up assistance to Administrative Services, Executive Office, and Market Services as needed.
· Opens and distributes departmental mail.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field
· 3-5 years of General Office or Administrative experience.
· Proficiency in MS Office, (Excel, Outlook, Word, Access), a MUST.
· Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat PDF Writer and Illustrator.
· Previous experience with ExpoCad, or other floorplan software, Goldmine, or Oracle is a plus.
· Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and written.
· Must possess strong attention to detail.
· Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market environment-Extended periods of walking/standing during markets
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).