Position Summary: Ensure safety and protection of all people and assets on DMC property
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Effectively ensures the safety and protection of the DMC, its employees, exhibitors, buyers and their accompanying assets; responds to emergency situations and provides First Aid, CPR and/or AED to injured or ill persons as needed
· Effectively ensures the integrity and safety of showrooms and company facilities; patrols company property on foot or in security vehicle to discourage criminal activity and enforce parking regulations
· Ensures adequate authorization of all individuals on DMC premises, including dock areas; challenges and addresses non-badged individuals accordingly
· Prepares accurate and thorough documentation of all accidents and incidents that occur on DMC campus
· Reconfigures parking lots as necessary using traffic equipment and signage for special events and markets; provides vehicular traffic control in an efficient and courteous manner
· Performs Dispatch duties which include, but are not limited to, processing of keys; monitoring CCTV, access control systems and fire panels; answering phone calls and monitoring news/weather/law enforcement scanner
· Perform World Trade Center Front Desk duties as outlined in the Protective Services Standard Operating Procedures
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 1-2 years of customer service, security, or military experience
· Moderate proficiency with computer programs
· TX Driver’s license with minimal accidents and/or traffic violations
· Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed as a commissioned security officer in accordance with the Texas DPS Private Security Bureau
· Walk, stand or sit for majority of shift
· Ability to stand for extended periods in diverse weather conditions
· Ability to lift 50+ pounds
· Ability to read computer monitors and hear audible alarms and 2-way radio communications
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207