Position Summary: The Retail Development Coordinator is primarily focused on supporting the Retail Development Team. Responsible for assisting in the development, and execution of a variety of department programs, maintaining databases of prospective and existing clients, generating prospect leads, and coordinating special buyer incentives.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Partners effectively with Retail Development team as necessary; communicates and shares relevant information
· Assist in recruiting and securing quality buyer attendance through various departmental programs (i.e. exhibitor partnerships, strategic travel incentives, and telemarketing)
· Assist in effectively maintaining, growing, and updating a comprehensive industry related customer database including loyal buyers, territory-based buyers and strategic prospects
· Learn and grow an understanding on which stores have the biggest impact on Market
· Support new and current programs to enhance leasing goals in market segments or new business
· Database management- maintains/updates database of prospective and VIP retailers
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
· 1-3 Years retail, buying or wholesale service experience required; some marketing experience preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
· Required to learn, apply, and extensively use Proprietary Systems: CRM and Buyers Registration
· Office Environment – Ability to sit at desk for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during markets
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).