Position Summary: The Retail Development Coordinator is primarily focused on supporting the Retail Development Team. Responsible for assisting in the development, and execution of a variety of department programs, maintaining databases of prospective and existing clients, generating prospect leads, and coordinating special buyer incentives.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Partners effectively with Retail Development team as necessary; communicates and shares relevant information
· Assist in recruiting and securing quality buyer attendance through various departmental programs (i.e. exhibitor partnerships, strategic travel incentives, and telemarketing)
· Assist in effectively maintaining, growing, and updating a comprehensive industry related customer database including loyal buyers, territory-based buyers and strategic prospects
· Learn and grow an understanding on which stores have the biggest impact on Market
· Support new and current programs to enhance leasing goals in market segments or new business
· Database management- maintains/updates database of prospective and VIP retailers
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
· 1-3 Years retail, buying or wholesale service experience required; some marketing experience preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
· Required to learn, apply, and extensively use Proprietary Systems: CRM and Buyers Registration
· Office Environment – Ability to sit at desk for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during markets
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207