Position Summary: Manages Building Services staff to ensure timely completion of work orders and overall cleanliness of the property
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Ensures all departmental work orders are completed in an efficient and timely manner
· Works effectively with Environmental Services Technicians on keeping public space routinely cleaned
· Administers distribution of janitorial supplies and equipment to market temporary staff
· Assists with proper training of new associates
· Assists the Building Services Manager as necessary
· Other related duties as assigned
· Facility Services Technicians I & II (2nd Shift)
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Previous custodial experience
· Walk and stand for vast majority of shift
· Lift up to 50 lbs
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
· Management Control: Ensures the integrity of organization or work unit policies, procedures, and processes.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Staffing/Performance Management: Evaluates staffing needs and effectively manages the ongoing performance of all staff assigned to the work unit. Communicates regularly and effectively with staff regarding expectations and performance outcomes. Ensure staffing levels are adequate for the work unit.
· Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work unit or within the organization.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207