Position Summary: Responsible for the strategic management of all leasing while maintaining the profitability standards of the company
Position Description (Bolded reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Develop annual sales plan for industry(ies) by setting budget and achieving revenue and net income goals
· Manage staff of assigned categories to achieve budgeted goals
· Work with other Leasing Directors to achieve TEAM goals
· Develop and maintain strategic prospecting initiatives to achieve budgeted goals
· Act as a conduit to facilitate the transition of successful exhibitors into permanent showrooms
· Represent DMC to the industry in a professional, confident manner to protect and impact our reputation
· Develop travel plans and attend competitive trade shows to target prospects and maintain relationships with exhibitor and manufacturer principals
· Work closely with operations, exhibitor services, and lease administration on all issues and activities related to leasing assigned industry(ies) at the DMC; communication and flexibility are key to establishing a solid working relationship between different service departments
· Interact on a regular basis with marketing to brainstorm the industry(ies), identify new trends, and create opportunities for growth; provide input on sales support, where applicable, and create awareness for softening segments where revenue is at risk
· Identify category intensifications or introductions with an accompanying strategy for success
· Effectively plan time of telemarketers to maximize results and meet TEAM goals
· Assist, as needed, on special projects and assignments as identified by VP of Trade Shows
· Serve as the contact person for leasing inquiries for assigned industry(ies)
· Other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field preferred
· 5-7 years of previous sales experience; leasing and/or industry experience preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Trade Show experience (exhibitor, buyer, leasing director)
· Office environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time during markets
· Must be available to travel as needed
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· External Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions, and practices.
· Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work achievements or interests associated with them.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).