Position Summary: Delivers all inbound and outbound freight and assists customers with sample transportation needs
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Safely and efficiently loads and unloads large trailers of freight
· Interfaces effectively with building tenants and customers
· Coordinates outbound and inbound deliveries
· Assists with directing of traffic to maximize dock efficiency and safety
· Directs temporary and part time labor effectively
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Previous loading/unloading and forklift experience preferred, but not required
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Word preferred, but not required
· Must have a valid Texas Drivers License and be able to meet Company Driver Requirements
· Walk, stand, and lift for vast majority of shift
· Able to lift up to 75 lbs
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207