Position Summary: Delivers all inbound and outbound freight and assists customers with sample transportation needs
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Safely and efficiently loads and unloads large trailers of freight
· Interfaces effectively with building tenants and customers
· Coordinates outbound and inbound deliveries
· Assists with directing of traffic to maximize dock efficiency and safety
· Directs temporary and part time labor effectively
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Previous loading/unloading and forklift experience preferred, but not required
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Word preferred, but not required
· Must have a valid Texas Drivers License and be able to meet Company Driver Requirements
· Walk, stand, and lift for vast majority of shift
· Able to lift up to 75 lbs
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).