Position Summary: Responsible for the strategic management of both home and design leasing while maintaining the profitability standards of the company.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Develop annual sales plan for industries by setting budget and achiving revenue goals
· Manage and develop staff in related industries as assigned by EVP of Leasing
· Develop and maintain strategic prospecting initiatives to achieve revenue and secure new corporate and sales rep showrooms at DMC
· Represent DMC to the industry in a professional, confident manner to protect and impact our reputation
· Initiate contact with renewals and execute paperwork in a timely manner, at least 30-60 days prior to renewal date
· Interact with tenants on a regular basis to serve as a liaison to other departments at DMC; this includes walking floors on a weekly basis and targeting special accounts for ongoing goodwill contact
· Develop travel plan and attend competitive trade shows to target prospects and maintain relationships with off-site tenants and principals
· Work closely with operations, exhibitor services, and lease administration on all issues and activities related to leasing assigned industries at the DMC; communication and flexibility are key to establishing a solid working relationship between different service departments
· Interact on a regular basis with marketing to brainstorm the industries, identify new trends, and create opportunities for growth; provide input on sales support, where applicable, and create awareness for softening segments where revenue is at risk
· Assist, as needed, on special projects and assignments as identified by EVP of Leasing
· Serve as the contact person for leasing inquires for assigned industries)
· Other related duties as assigned
· Leasing Director
· Director, Special Lighting Projects
· Manager, Light+Design Showroom
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
· 10 years in sales or marketing leadership roles
· Must be able to provide tangible examples of establishing operational and organizational procedures, structuring process, improving efficiency, and increasing profitability
· Proven track record of providing exceptional customer experience and service
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Extensive experience in retail and/or wholesale, brand loyalty, and customer loyalty
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time during markets
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).