Position Summary: Responsible for the strategic management of both home and design leasing while maintaining the profitability standards of the company.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Develop annual sales plan for industries by setting budget and achiving revenue goals
· Manage and develop staff in related industries as assigned by EVP of Leasing
· Develop and maintain strategic prospecting initiatives to achieve revenue and secure new corporate and sales rep showrooms at DMC
· Represent DMC to the industry in a professional, confident manner to protect and impact our reputation
· Initiate contact with renewals and execute paperwork in a timely manner, at least 30-60 days prior to renewal date
· Interact with tenants on a regular basis to serve as a liaison to other departments at DMC; this includes walking floors on a weekly basis and targeting special accounts for ongoing goodwill contact
· Develop travel plan and attend competitive trade shows to target prospects and maintain relationships with off-site tenants and principals
· Work closely with operations, exhibitor services, and lease administration on all issues and activities related to leasing assigned industries at the DMC; communication and flexibility are key to establishing a solid working relationship between different service departments
· Interact on a regular basis with marketing to brainstorm the industries, identify new trends, and create opportunities for growth; provide input on sales support, where applicable, and create awareness for softening segments where revenue is at risk
· Assist, as needed, on special projects and assignments as identified by EVP of Leasing
· Serve as the contact person for leasing inquires for assigned industries)
· Other related duties as assigned
· Leasing Director
· Director, Special Lighting Projects
· Manager, Light+Design Showroom
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
· 10 years in sales or marketing leadership roles
· Must be able to provide tangible examples of establishing operational and organizational procedures, structuring process, improving efficiency, and increasing profitability
· Proven track record of providing exceptional customer experience and service
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Extensive experience in retail and/or wholesale, brand loyalty, and customer loyalty
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time during markets
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207