Position Summary: The Art Director works closely with the Creative Director to conceptualize, create and oversee the execution of campaigns to promote Dallas Market Center and its primary industries, including Home & Gift, Lighting, Apparel & Accessories, and Design.
· Work with the Creative Director and senior staff to develop an aesthetic and brand that reflects the company’s core values and business objectives
· Develop and adjust layouts, story boards and illustrations in response to stakeholder comments and requests
· Coordinate efforts between marketing, leasing and retail development stakeholders to best develop an artistic approach and style in keeping with each industry
· Supervise design staff and other collaborators (photographers, stylists, writers) to create compelling work
· Review project production factors by studying budget, background information, objectives, presentation approaches, styles, and techniques
· Manage projects for print and digital collateral including emails, signage, web assets, web banners, print advertisements
· Enhance art department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
· Manage art department by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees
· Meet art department cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions
· Establish and manage application of DMC brand standards across all marketing materials
· Other related duties as assigned
· Senior Graphic Designer
· Degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design or related field
· 8+ years of design experience (print and digital)
· 4 + years experience in a supervisory role
· Background in fashion, editorial and art preferred
· Strong visual skills and attention to detail
· Strong proficiency with Dreamweaver, Adobe Creative Suite 6 including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
· Solid knowledge of fundamental design, typography, photography, and design trends
· Strong time management abilities, and able to work with little supervision
· Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate problems when they arise
· Must be able to receive constructive feedback from other team members and colleagues with an open mind
· Knowledge of making print ready files
· Willingness to learn things which are outside of your knowledge base
· Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work day
· Market Duties – Extended amounts of walking during shift
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).