Position Summary: Responsible for strategic management of Trade Shows (hard goods division) and show-by-show sales goals to maintain the profitability standards of the company.
· Develop annual sales plan for all categories by setting expense budget and tracking revenue goals
· Work closely with the operations team to evaluate improvements and changes that meet NOI goals
· Manage staff in all categories and evaluate responsibilities to drive sales and maximize opportunities
· Develop and maintain prospecting initiatives to build the pipeline, convert warm prospects, and maintain relationships with customers
· Attend and prospect other shows with and without the leasing team
· Identify new categories to take advantage of trends and integrate into Trade Show offerings
· Represent DMC to the industry in a professional, confident manner to protect and impact our reputation
· Motivate the sales team to drive performance with incentives, contests, and rewards/recognition
· Work closely with operations, exhibitor services, customer relations, and lease administration on all issues and activities related to Trade Shows; exercise good judgment with communication and flexibility to develop solid working relationships between different service departments
· Interact on a regular basis with marketing to brainstorm the categories, identify new trends, and create opportunities for growth; provide input on sales support, where applicable, and create awareness for softening segments where revenue is at risk
· Assist, as needed, on special projects and assignments as identified by EVP of Leasing
· Other related duties as assigned
· Leasing Directors
· Leasing Administrative Assistant
· Sales Coordinators
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
· 7-10 years in sales or marketing leadership roles
· Must be able to provide tangible examples of establishing operational and organizational procedures, structuring process, improving efficiency, and increasing profitability
· Proven track record of providing exceptional customer experience and service
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Extensive experience in retail and/or wholesale, brand loyalty, and customer loyalty
· Office Environment- Ability to sit at desk for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time during markets
· Must be available to travel as needed
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
· Management Control: Ensures the integrity of organization or work unit policies, procedures, and processes.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Staffing/Performance Management: Evaluates staffing needs and effectively manages the ongoing performance of all staff assigned to the work unit. Communicates regularly and effectively with staff regarding expectations and performance outcomes. Ensure staffing levels are adequate for the work unit.
· Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work unit or within the organization.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
· Vision: Develops and implements the use of a strategic vision of the organization in the future.
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207