Job Overview: Dallas Market Center (DMC) is in search of a creative, organized and energetic Marketing Coordinator with 1-3 years experience to join its marketing team. The position will support the marketing department's industry initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, event, social media, or content marketing.
- What can you expect? To coordinate fun marketing projects for the Home + Gift and Apparel industries that aim to drive new buyer prospecting and increase buyer attendance at market.
- What do we expect? A creative yet consistent point of view, strong communication skills, disciplined creative processes, and an ability to think strategically and on your feet. It will also demand exceptional organization and eager support of the Marketing and Sales teams. Just so you don’t have to ask, the position will require weekend work during markets and may require occasional travel. The bottom line? You are joining a great team of creative minds and fun people. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
- Assist Sr. Marketing Managers with day to day industry responsibilities, including event support where needed during major markets
- Coordinate tactical marketing projects, including copy, asset selection, testing, and analysis
- Proofread copy for marketing materials, ensuring consistent voice & accurate content
- Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including blogs and public relations efforts
- Coordinate, program and report on post market surveys
- Organize industry asset libraries and manage photography and video coordination for each major market, including budgets.
- Evaluate and monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports
- Manage relationships with external partners to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness
- Support VP of Marketing, Total Home + Gift and VP of Marketing, Apparel with industry related business needs, such as industry research and identifying trends
- Support full Marketing VP team with light administrative tasks
- 1-3 years experience in a marketing role (full-time or internships)
- Experience with social media marketing
- Must have strong organizational skills, as well as attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding proofreading skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing channels and best practices, including social, digital, and email
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports
- Must have a high level of creativity
- Occasional travel may be required