Date Posted: 3/10/2017
Position Summary: Ensures effective and timely expedition of inbound and outbound freight through planning and staff management.
- Schedules and logs all incoming and outbound freight to ensure accuracy, timely delivery and proper documentation for billing
- Schedules dock staff effectively to ensure that all incoming and outbound freight is expedited properly with the highest customer service and lowest operating cost
- Reconciles daily service charges and prepares sales reports and billing for accounts receivable
- Effectively schedules all temporary labor for markets and incoming trade shows
- Effectively administers the Profit and Loss statements of the department
- Conducts annual dock equipment inventory
- Other related duties as assigned
- Shipping & Receiving Clerks
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of shipping and receiving experience with emphasis on large trailer load operations
- Previous management experience
- Forklift Operator (certification preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Walking, standing, and lifting majority of work shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings capabilities, and interests of others.
- Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work-unit.
- Management Control: Ensures the integrity of organization or work-unit policies, procedures, and processes.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Staffing/Performance Management: Evaluates staffing needs and effectively manages the ongoing performance of all staff assigned to the work-unit. Communicates regularly and effectively with staff regarding expectations and performance outcomes. Ensure staffing levels are adequate for the work-unit.
- Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work-unit or within the organization.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).