Web Applications Developer II
Department: Information Technology
Date Posted: 4/11/2017
Position Summary: This is a web application developer position. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining multiple applications, ranging from moderate to high complexity and scope. The applications are developed in C#, ASP.NET 4.5, on a SQL Server backend. As a developer, you will be involved in all stages of the project lifecycle from requirements, to design, to development, to testing, to implementation and support. This position is very hands-on and requires a willingness to work as part of a cohesive team. All team members are expected to keep abreast of the latest industry trends, technologies, and frameworks and to display industry competitive skills and structured techniques. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Assist in initial investigation and requirements gathering
- Assist in detailed analysis and design based on requirements
- Build solution and unit test requirements
- Responsible for on-time delivery of high-quality, structured code
- Participate in system test planning and execution
- Support QA phase by tracking and reporting any defects
- Implementation and production support
- Ongoing maintenance and support of existing systems
- Identify efficiencies and ways to improve design and development processes
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong teamwork skills
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- A minimum of 5 years in web application development, with at least 3 years of C#/.NET and SQL Server development experience
- Proficiency in SQL Server and stored procedures
- Experience with iPhone/iPad/Android development is a plus
- Must be able to work independently under the guidance of a technical lead
- Must adhere to structured software development methodologies and best practices
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).