Department: Accounting and Finance
Date Posted: 3/10/2017
Position Summary: This position will provide daily, confidential, and profession administrative support for the EVP of Finance as well as the Operations department Vice Presidents. This position will also include coordinating and overseeing a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the finance and operations department. This position will have access to secure, sensitive data and requires someone who is dedicated to full confidentiality.
- Provides administrative support to Executive Vice President of Finance, Vice Presidents of Operations, and department members as needed in an en efficient and timely manner
- Provides departmental personnel management including, but not limited to: review, processing, and tracking paperwork for all Finance and Operations staff hiring, leave tracking, payroll processing, and training
- Maintains work order documentation and prepares monthly reporting, orders building supplies as needed
- Effectively assists in monitoring of outside contractors on DMC campus to ensure compliance with established guidelines and procedures (permits, screening, affixing fees, etc.)
- Verifies for accuracy and processes payment of invoices, reimbursement forms, standing purchase orders, purchase requests for expenditures, expense reports and check requests for operational departments
- Assists the EVP of Finance in initiation or completion of assignments or projects resulting from meetings; provides research information, materials, etc.
- Manages work in a confidential manner, ensuring information is shared with internal and external individuals in an appropriate manner; provides guidance to others as necessary regarding sensitive/confidential information
- Assists the EVP of Finance in keeping internal and external commitments; keeps calendars up-to-date and schedules appointments
- Composes and transmits correspondence, reports, and memorandums; independently responds to routine letters and correspondence; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy
- Prepares agendas, notices, meeting notes and minutes
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some college credit coursework completed; Accounting a plus
- 1-3 years providing administrative support
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing
- Strong administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Office Environment - Ability to sit at desk for vast majority of work shift
- Market Environment - Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during market
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).