Date Posted: 4/17/2017
Position Summary: Responsible for overall management, operation, and buyer/exhibitor relations for the IHDC Gallery Showroom.
- Creatively maximizes sales and prospecting opportunities to achieve/exceed revenue goals for the showroom; assist in securing lease renewals in a timely manner; goal of achieving and maintaining 100% occupancy
- Maintains knowledgeable level of showroom products/lines to effectively assist buyers in writing orders, understanding terms, selling samples and maintaining up-to-date monthly order logs; ensures collateral material is available and distributed
- Effectively oversees on-site management and operations of showroom by coordinating with Housekeeping, Engineering, Security, Maintenance, etc., to maximize buyer experience and ensure showroom is presentable and prepared for daily traffic
- Coordinates and manages every aspect of new exhibitor move-ins, ensures exhibitors are informed and follow move-in procedures; coordinates freight receipt, signage and marketing needs
- Nurtures and maintains positive relationships with showroom exhibitors and prospects to support and promote loyalty to DMC; maximizes relationships to increase exhibitor retention
- Maintains and updates current exhibitor roster with Protective Services and assists exhibitors with after-hours access to building and showroom
- Works with Marketing Department to promote the Gallery through press releases, brochures, website content, etc., for external promotion of the showroom
- Assists when needed with accounting on collection issues among tenants
- Attends local design events as representative to keep the Gallery top of mind among this community
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 7+ years of professional sales, leasing and/or showroom management experience
- 5-7 years experience, or working knowledge, of residential and commercial interior design industries
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint
- Office Environment - Ability to sit for vast majority or work shift
- Market Environment - Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during markets
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and "outside-the-box" solutions to problems.
- Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work achievements or interests associated with them .
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).