DALLAS – December 18, 2019 – Dallas Market Center, the only lifestyle marketplace in North America, has announced that Aerin Lauder, the style and image director of Estée Lauder and the founder and creative director of lifestyle company AERIN, will deliver a keynote presentation at the January edition of Total Home & Gift Market, January 8-14, 2020. Lauder will present “The World of AERIN” on Friday, January 10 at 1:00 p.m. in the World Trade Center atrium.
“The World of AERIN” will focus on how her heritage as the granddaughter of Estee Lauder was the foundation and point of difference for her lifestyle brand. She quickly realized people were interested in buying into a lifestyle as opposed to a product and learned that the modern woman sees beauty as an extension of herself, her wardrobe, her home, her travels and her family. That is when she decided to have beauty and home live together and evolve AERIN to a complete lifestyle concept. Lighting has been a successful and important category for the brand and she will walk you through the evolution of her collections.
Inside an exclusive Q&A appearing in the latest issue of Spark magazine, Lauder notes the unique power of the in-store experience: “Especially in our brick and mortar locations, the concept is all about experience, surprise, delight and creating something truly special and unique.”
Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center: “Aerin’s story is inspiring, her eye is amazing, and her style is timeless. We are pleased to welcome her to market to offer her perspective on creativity, building a business, key trends, and practical lessons for retailers and designers.”
The AERIN lighting collection with Visual Comfort & Co is inspired by old world glamour and European midcentury design. The collection is available at Taylors, IDHC 1D111.
Aerin joins a distinguished list of tastemakers and leaders from the business of home appearing at the January show. Highlights include:
· Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley will welcome guests to the ARTS Gallery Preview night on Thursday evening at 6:00 p.m. ahead of co-hosting the 31st annual ARTS Awards on Friday at the Hilton Anatole hotel.
· Global trend expert Patti Carpenter discusses “Color Trends” on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m.
· The Antiques Diva, Toma Clark Haines, offers a seminar and walking tour on Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. in Market Hall.
· Susan Inglis, executive director of the Sustainable Furnishings Council, presents a tour of sustainable furniture on Thursday at 11:00 a.m. Retail analyst Warren Shoulberg presents “The ABC’s of CBD” on Thursday at 1:00 p.m.
· Thom Filicia is hosting a happy hour on Thursday from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in the Wendover Art showroom, IHDC 1D427.
· Dann Foley, Libby Langdon, Kristi Hopper will present “Luxury Upholstery and Maximizing Profits” on Thursday at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday in WTC 9002.
· Shane Friesenhahn and Donna Moss present “Shine Bright—Exploring Crystals in Design” at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday in the World Trade Center atrium.
· Dann Foley and Kristi Hopper present “Tips and Tricks to Selling Bedding” at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday at the Cozy Earth booth, WTC 615.501.
· Author and retail expert Pam Danziger presents “How Retailers Can Make More Sense in Their Stores” on Thursday at 3:00 p.m. in the 12th floor seminar suite.
· At 4:00 p.m on Thursday join Lisa McDennon and Robin Baron for “What I Wish I Knew”—a conversation on lighting, design, and product development. Location: Light + Design on Ten, WTC 10085.
· A Millennial Design panel on Friday at 9:00 a.m. in the atrium of the World Trade Center will be moderated by Jessica Robb and will feature the new generation of interior designers including, Laura Thurman, Christian Daw, and Jason Clifton.
· Libby Langdon hosts a meet and greet along with Paragon Wall Décor and In-Detail at 10:00 a.m. on Friday.
· At 11:00 a.m. Friday the panel of StyleEyes tastemaker trendspotters will convene in the World Trade Center atrium to discuss trends and their discoveries.
· Dann Foley and Libby Langdon will discuss lighting and occasional furniture trends in WTC 10074, Stylecaraft.
· At 2:00 p.m., Dann Foley and Shay Geyer present “How to Create Your Own Luxury Botanicals” in The Botanical Mix showroom, IHDC 1D110.
· Robin Baron and Currey & Co’s creative director Cecil Adams present “How, When, and Why to do Product Collaborations” at 3:00 p.m. in the Currey & Co showroom, IHDC 1D228.
A full schedule of events is located on the Dallas Market Center website and app as well as the show directory.
Note that Dallas is the first major market of 2020 and will welcome buyers from January 8 to 14 for the Total Home & Gift Market. Only Dallas Market Center presents the most complete collection of new and best-selling products across multiple categories including gift, home décor, lighting, holiday and floral, housewares, gourmet, apparel & accessories, artisan products, and more. The marketplace includes the largest residential lighting trade events in North America; the largest and most successful open-daily design center; dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; and the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories marketplace featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers. Beginning in June 2020 these resources will be available together in one place at one time during the summer Total Lifestyle Market.
Special travel deals are still available for the upcoming show. To make plans visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the DMC Blog.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products from exhibitors throughout the year via dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories markets featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers; the world’s largest western marketplace, opening in 2021; the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; and the largest and most successful open-daily design center. The marketplace is located in the strongest economic zone in the country. In addition, more than 80 percent of Dallas Market Center buyers report that they do not shop other market centers. To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the Dallas Market Center blog.