Dallas Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Award Winners Announced
DALLAS – June 24, 2017 – Dallas Market Center yesterday announced the winners of the eighth annual Dallas Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards during an awards ceremony and cocktail reception held in the World Trade Center during the Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market.
The Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards, sponsored by Gourmet Insider magazine, celebrates exceptional manufacturers in the gourmet products industry who exhibit in Dallas. The winners are as follows:
• Best Baked – cookies, cake, breads, mixes: Dr. Pete's Key Lime Square Baking Mix by Dr. Pete's Foods
• Best Beverage – hot or cold: Raven's Original Mulling Spice by Raven's Nest Specialties
• Best Condiment I – sauces, rubs, seasonings: Black Pepper Jalapeno Mustard by Jalapeno Gold
• Best Condiment II – oils, vinegars, dressings: Organic Miso Ginger Dressing by Stonewall Kitchen
• Fruit Confit – jams, jellies, preserves, marmalades: Ariston Fig Preserves by Ariston Specialties
• Best Soup/Chili: Cin Chili Seasoning Mix by Cin Chili & Company, Inc.
• Best Chocolate Candy/Dessert: Aux Anysetiers du Roy Milk Chocolate Fondue with Crispy Rice by The French Farm
• Best Non-Chocolate Candy/Dessert: Bacon Peanut Brittle by Isabelly's Chocolates and Sweet Treats
• Best Snack – dips, salsas, nuts: Holiday Fried Pecans by Holiday Fried Pecans
• Best Healthy Lifestyle: Northern Bliss Jam by The Homesteaders Finest
Judging was based on originality, taste, and packaging. This year’s judges included: Sarah Penrod “Urban Cowgirl”, a professional chef, TV star, and author; Jim White, a major-market media veteran and food connoisseur; and Caroline Perini, owner of Dallas-based restaurant and food truck, Easy Slider.
“Dallas Market Center showcases more gourmet products across more categories than any other open-daily marketplace, and so it is an honor to recognize these outstanding companies that further the industry by providing excellent products,” says Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center.
Winning products can be viewed for the remainder of Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market in Gourmet Market, WTC 180, and in The Temps.
For a complete list of events, visit the Dallas Market Center website
. To prepare for Market, download the Dallas Market Center App
. Also, keep up-to-date on all market information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook
, SnapChat, Instagram
, and the DMC Daily Dose
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus near downtown Dallas, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products via open-daily showrooms and from exhibitors participating in trade events held throughout the year. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com