Dallas Market Center and CUR8 to Launch First Ever Product “Innovation Petting Zoo”
—Hands-on experience with leading-edge products from around the world—
DALLAS – May 31, 2018– Dallas Market Center and CUR8 today announced an exclusive partnership for a first-of-its-kind product “Innovation Petting Zoo” to be held on the first floor of the World Trade Center adjacent to the atrium during the Dallas Total Home & Gift Market, June 20-26. CUR8 is a wholesale marketplace showcasing the best of what’s next in furniture and décor from product designers around the world. CUR8 plans to deliver new products to the Dallas marketplace from ten companies including products that are American made or entering the U.S. market for the first time. The variety of products being exclusively presented in Dallas include designs utilizing the Internet of Things, 3D printing, next generation recycling, and biofabrication.
Inside this new type of market event, guests will be encouraged to touch, feel, and play with leading-edge products within a multi-sensory and interactive experience. In the process, guests will learn about how the products were made and why their design and materials matter. The marketplace will feature companies on the forefront of design innovation demonstrating their products for both wholesale and retail applications utilizing new technology including Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR).
“Only in Dallas this summer will buyers discover leading-edge designs for the home that balance beauty, function, and innovation,” said Cindy Morris, Dallas Market Center president and CEO. “We are excited to partner with CUR8 to present more unique products for retailers and interior designers seeking exclusive and stylish products that can help their business stand apart.”
“This is a unique opportunity for buyers to come touch, feel, play with and purchase our exciting new offerings,” said Jasmine Jaco, co-founder of CUR8. “Tomorrow’s design is all about smarter, healthier living – about innovative products that make our lives better. We are a proud Texas-based company in sync with the innovation that guides our state’s record-setting wind power generation, vibrant business start-up culture, strong economy, and creative events like SXSW and EarthX. We are looking forward to being front and center in Dallas this June.”
Products in the Innovation Petting Zoo are from two collections: Smart is Sexy and Infinite Luxury.
Smart is Sexy
Most people associate “smart home” with gadgets like door locks, security cameras, thermostats, and personal assistants - items sold in electronics and home improvement stores. That’s changing. More and more products in our homes are becoming connected to the Internet in interesting and meaningful ways. From countertops that wirelessly charge our devices to sofas that reconfigure themselves with the wave of a hand to art that interacts with us, all aspects of our built environments are getting smarter. And we no longer have to sacrifice form for function. Technology and design savvy are coming together to offer beautiful and connected home goods making smart the new sexy such as the following companies on display in Dallas:
• Meural Canvas – a beautiful digital art canvas that allows for a library of art on any wall. Control the art with their app or put your phone down and interact with the frame by gesture. Everyone loves this device-free way to interact with art.
• Nanoleaf Aurora – modular light panels configurable into any shape on any wall and controlled with an app on your phone, a remote, or your favorite voice assistant. Change the colors on your wall to suit your mood or have it move through beautiful color sequences. It can even “dance” to your music.
• Color Bar by CUR8 – 3D printing is no longer just for plastic toys and prototypes. Technological and material advancement is resulting in beautiful new products, all crafted with zero waste. 3D printing offers a new level of customization in product design not possible with traditional manufacturing. Come check out our new pendant customization counter, the Color Bar, to learn more!
Circular design in luxury goods is building momentum and CUR8 couldn’t be more excited. Why not replace unsustainable high-end products with infinitely renewable luxuries? Why not make a positive impact on our planet and our communities without sacrificing design aesthetic? Introducing CUR8’s Infinite Luxury collection, amazing innovation in next-generation sustainable design.
• Ecobirdy, which debuted their first collection in January at Maison & Objet, is presented to the American market for the first time. This Belgium-based brand partner recycles plastic toys into playful furniture – from children, for children – teaching sustainability while elevating the look and feel of any indoor/outdoor space.
• In2Green and Thread present gorgeous textiles with an exceptionally soft hand that you’d never guess were made from recycled plastic bottles. In2Green throws are made right here in the USA and CUR8 products made from Thread fabrics are produced here by collectives of refugee women around the country. Beyond material and manufacturing innovation, CUR8 brings opportunities for exclusive designs and global collaborations.
• Brands that turn manufacturing remnants into gorgeous jewelry pieces will also be showcased including Kelly Lane and Kanju. Kelly Lane necklaces are made using Thread material remnants from her apparel and home goods design studio. Kanju’s new bracelets and cuffs leverage remnants from ethical and sustainable crocodile farming in Zimbabwe. Once an endangered animal in the region, ethical farming has reduced poaching and provided economic opportunities for local communities.
Natural and Biofabricated Materials:
• While innovation in recycling is phenomenal, CUR8 also loves brands designing products that never need to be recycled. Come take a look at material innovation from Daniele Trofe and FIBandCO. Daniele Trofe’s award-winning lighting collection is grown from mycelium and hemp in her Brooklyn design studio. FIBandCO’s new Green Blade wood-like veneer is made from byproducts of banana plant harvesting. CUR8 will present Green Blade in the form of pendant and table lamps from Tedzukuri Atelier but application opportunities are endless.
The CUR8 Innovation Petting Zoo will be open June 20-26 during the entire run of the Dallas Total Home & Gift Market. Curious buyers are encouraged to stop by the wholesale marketplace adjacent to the World Trade Center atrium showcasing the best of what’s next in furniture and décor from products designers around the world.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus near downtown Dallas, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products via open-daily showrooms and from exhibitors participating in trade events held throughout the year. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com