<!-- Inject Script Filtered -->
New Exhibitors, New Products, Big Events
for June Total Home & Gift Market in Dallas
DALLAS – May 15, 2017 – Dallas Market Center, the most complete marketplace in North America serving retailers and interior designers from all 50 states and more than 40 countries, has announced exclusive details for its upcoming June Total Home & Gift Market (June 20-26) including new exhibitors, dynamic events, business and trend seminars, celebrity guests, and digital experiences to inspire retailers and interior designers from around the world.
Dallas Total Home & Gift Market takes place concurrently with Lightovation—Dallas International Lighting Show (June 20-23), the largest residential lighting show in North America and the primary buying venue for lighting retailers, as well as Dallas Holiday & Home Expo (June 20-26), Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market (June 20-26), and The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market (June January 20-24). Only Dallas Market Center presents the most complete collection of new and best-selling products across lifestyle categories including gifts, home décor, lighting, holiday and floral, housewares, gourmet, fashion, artisan products, and more.
“Business owners and decision makers seeking to compete in the modern retail landscape will experience more new products, inspiring big events, trend insights, and an unmatched digital experience in Dallas,” said Cindy Morris, Dallas Market Center president and CEO. “Furthermore, our summer show is the first opportunity for exhibitors to reach eager and loyal buyers in the strongest economic zone in the country. We are anticipating a blockbuster event as record retail sales, more new home construction, and more new jobs make Texas the center of economic strength and business opportunity for the entire country.”
Among the new and expanding showrooms for June:
In the World Trade Center, a new showroom for Blue Ocean Traders will debut in WTC 542. In Light + Design on Ten (WTC 100850), InStyle Gallery moves in and Ollier Distributors debuts. Allaf Oriental Rugs has a new home in WTC 521.F.
On the Trade Mart first floor, The Grommet opens a permanent showroom in 1303. On the second floor in 2535, the housewares shared showroom, Work Sharp Culinary, a division of Darex, will debut.
On the lighting floors of the Trade Mart, the largest residential lighting marketplace in North America, there will be debuts of hundreds of new products focused on ever-changing lighting advances and trends. Notable for June is the new location for Justice Design Group (TM 3920), exclusive landscape lighting technology launch from Kichler and the debut of the mini version of the popular Sirius fixture from Kuzco. Also for June is the launch of The SMART Center, the new events and seminar suite powered by Dallas Market Center and the American Lighting Association. A full schedule is available here
In the Interior Home + Design Center, Global Views/Studio|A Home opens expansive new space in IHDC 1D209 and American Leather by Contempo Designs will cut the ribbon on a new showroom, IHDC 1D205. Inside The Gallery at IHDC, Atelier Home, Beyond Borders, Peacock Alley, and Lantern & Scroll debut new spaces. Finally, The Botanical Mix, IHDC 1D110, 1D408, will expand into new space.
In addition to permanent showrooms, The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market will present a hundreds of new and returning exhibitors. Launching in June is the new category T-Shirts on 12 with margin-making designs; returning in June is Made, a section of handcrafted items; the fashion marketplace on the 13th floor; Luxe Gift in the atrium of the Trade Mart featuring luxury and high-style products including candles, personal care, home accents, and more; and an edited selection of products and exhibitors for Market Hall including both order writing and immediate delivery items such as artisan, furniture, and vintage products. Across The Temps, buyers may win $100 AMEX gift cards by spending $1000 on Thursday and Friday within one temp neighborhood. Complete instructions are available at the show.
On the 6th floor, Nashville Rug Gallery, Tianyu International, and Sky Domain are special additions. On the 12th floor: Yogibo, Tinte Cosmetics, Sock It To Me, The Naked Bee, Persistent Sisters, Lo in London, Virginia Cocktail Peanuts, Chocolate Moonshine, and Candy Club. In Luxe Gift, special additions include Studio Vertu, Mova International, Moodcast, Vendula London, Glamourpuss, and Maison Berger.
Appearing only in Dallas this summer, innovative company CUR8 will launch a first of its kind design Innovation Petting Zoo. CUR8 represents innovative products that promote smarter, healthier living. From the Internet of Things to 3D printing to next generation recycling and biofabrication, CUR8 will bring to Dallas Market Center tomorrow’s design for today’s retailers. The Innovation Petting Zoo experience is a new kind of market event, a multi-sensory and interactive marketplace of leading edge products and design that directly impact Home, Gift, Lighting, Apparel and Accessories. Located on the first floor between the World Trade Center and the Interior Home & Design Center, The Petting Zoo will be where guests are encouraged to touch, feel, and play with all design objects and, in the process, learn about how they were made and why it matters.
“We are so excited to launch with Dallas Market Center this celebration of design, innovation and opportunity. Now more than ever it’s important for our industry to embrace the opportunities that material innovations provide us, as well as immerse ourselves in understanding how to use today's innovations in order to stand out beyond the ever-growing global competition,” said Greg O’Neal, chief collaboration officer and co-founder, CUR8.
DMC Live At 9, the popular morning show broadcasting from market, will take place on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with a dynamic line-up of special guests and thought leaders. Tune in via Facebook or the campus monitors each morning at 9 a.m. for another edition of the show hosted by Kadee Coffman.
There is a blockbuster schedule of special events to educate, motivate and celebrate on the calendar every day of the busy show.
• Globally recognized designer and author, Clodagh, will present Wellness by Design. Clodagh will discuss the tenets of integrative medicine and how she incorporates modalities such as chromotherapy and biophilia in her global projects. The 10:30 a.m. conversation on Wednesday, June 20, in WTC 198, will be followed by a book signing in the Erdos + Ko showroom, WTC 10014.
• Famed interior designer, Barclay Butera, will take the audience through a journey during his presentation called A Body of Work, A Lifetime of Dreams. Barclay will discuss how his style has evolved over the years in the interior design industry at 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, in the WTC Atrium. The presentation will be followed by a Mix & Mingle with Barclay Butera in Designer’s Patio showroom, WTC 9009, at 3:30 p.m. Mix it up with Barclay and enjoy the festivities, photo ops, and the chance to win one of 5 signed books.
• Interior Designer Shay Geyer will launch her permanent botanical collection for The Botanical Mix at 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, in The Botanical Mix showroom (IHDC 1D110). Celebrate the unique & colorful collection with wine and hors d’oeuvres, and one lucky guest will win a floral valued at $450.
• Mariska Meijers, Daniel Germani, Glen Peloso, and Toma Clark Haines present Global Design Inspiration - Diva Style at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, June 20, in WTC 198. Learn how these top furniture, product and interior designers are influenced by their global travels and take home tips on how you can educate your eye to curate a globally chic vibe in your interiors.
• Steven Moore, Toma Clark and Kristi Hopper host a discussion called Living the Life of Your Dreams - Traveling with Antiques on Thursday, June 21, at 10 a.m. in WTC 198. Learn how they’ve shaped a life that travels with antiques, about the people they've met, and the places they’ve been.
• Shay Geyer & Dann Foley present Texas Style Meets Palm Springs at noon on Friday, June 22, in WTC 198. Join a lively discussion about bold style and big design from two iconic cities of signature glam, from two of their best known designers.
• Saxon Henry, Scott Kravet, Aviva Stanoff & Tamara Matthews Stephenson will host a discussion called A Grand Tour of Textiles - Past, Present & Future on Friday, June 22, in WTC 198 at 2 p.m. On this around-the-world jaunt, they will share their favorite discoveries past and present, and predict what they see for the future.
• Retailers and designers may see curated vignettes from eight emerging design students at Color My World: A Student Vignette Challenge presented by IDS in IHDC 1 every day of Market. The students' work will be critiqued by 10 up-and-coming designers, and judging will take place on Thursday, June 21.
• The Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards, sponsored by Gourmet Insider magazine, celebrates exceptional manufacturers in the housewares products industry exhibiting at Dallas Market Center. The awards ceremony and cocktail party take place on Friday at 6:00 p.m. in the World Trade Center Atrium followed by a Gourmet Market 30th anniversary party.
• The Holiday and Decorative Association (HDA) and member showrooms will hold a 1950’s Sock Hop on Friday evening beginning at 6 p.m. on the second floor of the Interior Home + Design Center. The event will include free food, drink and a performance by Dallas’ Premier Doo Wop Group, 4 Ever Young.
• Trend Expert Michelle Lamb and floral expert J Schwanke host “Grow With Us”-- a new education series on Wednesday about the business of flowers and events and lifestyle trends. Join them in World Trade Center 243 beginning at 10 a.m.
• Keb Kennedy and Kat Krassner of PRESENT magazine and the PRESENTer network hold a breakfast reception and retail roundtable discussion at 8:00 a.m. on Friday in Trade Mart 2331.
• Retail expert Rawlins Gilliland offers popular discovery tours including “Trending Gifts & Home Décor Items” on Thursday at 10 a.m., “Hottest Temp Picks” on Thursday at 3 p.m., “Unexpected Gift & Décor Items” on Friday at 11 a.m., “Small Gifts Guaranteed to Sell” on Friday at 2 p.m., and “Top Cash & Carry Picks” on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
• On the second floor of the Interior Home + Design Center, in the center of the holiday and floral neighborhood, a Design Bar will feature holiday and floral live demos on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. J Schwanke, Edward Ajovic, Matt Wood, Norman Northern will present dynamic and hands-on demos with products from a wide array of holiday and floral showrooms.
o “Circular Wedding Arch: Structure & Mechanics” by J Schwanke, Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
o “Homespun Hygge Decorating How To!” by Edward Sajovic, Thursday at 11 a.m., Friday at 2 p.m., and Saturday at 11 a.m.
o “Coco" Inspired Wreath” by Norman Northern, Thursday at 2 p.m.
o “Circular Wedding Arch - Foliage & Flower Design” by J Schwanke, Friday at 9:30 a.m.
o “Make It Pretty” by Matt Wood, Friday at 12:30 p.m.
o “Circular Wedding Arch - Themes & Accessories” by J Schwanke, Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
• On the WTC 12th floor adjacent to the Temps, must-hear series of business seminars will offer insights for growing your business. The schedule includes the following:
o “Facing Facebook’s News Feed Upset” by Linley & Lauren
o “2018 Trends in Gift” by Lindsay Roberts Shey
o “Decoding Millennials” by Ashley Morrow
o “Gift Ideas That Appeal To Millennial Shoppers” by Lindsay Roberts Shey
o “Sell While You Sleep—Automating Your Email Marketing” by Linley and Lauren
o “Master The Power of Social Selling with LinkedIn” by Terry Sullivan
o “So You Came To Market, Now What” by Ashley Morrow
o “Free Media—How to Get It and Use It To Become an Influencer” by Jane McGarry
o “Inspiring Local Loyalty: Acquiring and Keeping Your Best Local Customers Online” by Wpromote
o “Visual, Marketing, Planning, and Design” by JGX Group
Finally, there are a number of additional events and hospitalities to amplify the Market experience.
• Daily market orientation tours at 9 a.m. in World Trade Center 156A.
• Gourmet Market tastings each day in World Trade Center 180 as well as a $200 AMEX giveaway
• Daily wine in Light + Design on Ten, WTC 10085, and in The Gallery, IHDC 1D202
• The Designers’ Lounge sponsored by ASID Texas & IDS is located in Light + Design on Ten, WTC 10085
• The Designers’ Concierge sponsored by ASID Texas & IDS is located on the World Trade Center fifth floor atrium
Special displays created exclusively for January Total Home & Gift Market by the visual merchandising team will provide trend direction throughout the 5 million square foot marketplace, with inspiration by trend reports from Dallas Market Center’s pre-market magazine Source will focus on key gift, home, and fashion trends for 2018 and beyond.
Dallas Market Center is located in the strongest economic zone in the U.S., and five of the ten fastest growing cities in the U.S. are located within Texas. In addition, travel costs to Dallas are the lowest among all major market destination cities. Two convenient airports and more than 8,000 free parking spaces as well as an efficient regional rail system station offers easy access to Dallas Market Center.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus near downtown Dallas, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products via open-daily showrooms and from exhibitors participating in trade events held throughout the year. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com