Position Summary: The Operations Project Coordinator is primarily responsible for managing Dallas Market Center’s signage and directory processes, as well as, assisting the Manager of Trade Show and Event Operations with various special projects. This person must be highly detail oriented, maintain tight timelines/deadlines, communicate well, think critically and problem solve, be a master of data and computers, and be process oriented.
Position Description: Manage the DMC Signage Process; this includes:
Manage the DMC Directory process; this includes:
- Coordinating and communicating signage deadlines.
- Helping departments determine signage type (substrate), how it will be displayed (this is for specialized signage), dimensions, and estimate costs.
- Working across all departments to ensure that signage requests are turned in on time.
- Receiving/approving/routing requests and proofs.
- Placing orders with our contractors.
- Checking-in signage once it arrives on campus.
- Tracking final signage pricing, to ensure requests are in line with budget limits.
- Maintain all signage related digital files.
- Maintaining signage inventory, stored both in-house and with contractors.
- Communicating with contractors on any and all signage needs/issues.
- Establishing production deadlines with management and contractors and communicating this company wide for all 15 - 18 directories a year.
- Working across departments to gather listings, editorial content, and advertising from a range of sources to meet strict deadlines.
- Manage and update the “Road Map” or directory layout for each publication.
- Work with internal and external partners to edit and format data for proof-ready creative.
- Traffic all sections of the directory for proofing/edits amongst appropriate stakeholders.
- Personally proofread and edit all sections of the directory.
- Pass on final content to external creative partners to be sent to printers.
Miscellaneous duties include:
- Maintain all directory related digital files for each individual directory.
- Create and maintain both a digital and hardcopy library of final directories.
- Attending Dallas Market Center trade events/markets (includes weekends) to assist with any market time needs; this includes working in the Show Office and assisting with any market event needs.
- Assist the Manager of Trade Show and Event Operations with any special projects (data entry, filing and event preparation).