Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Date Posted: 1/27/2021
Position Summary: Provides administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources Department as needed in the areas of recruitment/staffing, payroll, personnel file administration. Administration and coordination of new employee on-boarding and required government documentation.
- Ensure personnel and I-9 files are current and in good order
- Coordinate Annual Appraisals and 90 Day Reviews
- Greet applicants and administer application
- Maintain applicant tracking
- Source, screen, interview, and assess candidates
- Coordinate candidate interviews with managers and establish system for follow-up
- Leads/coordinates efforts concerning temporary market staffing
- Negotiate and extend offers
- New Hire Orientation
- Keep safety meeting minutes
- Process payroll and resolve payroll questions
- Process purchasing request requests for the department (office supplies, etc.)
- Update/maintain G Drive for HR document, forms, etc.
- Assist with DMC recognition programs, forum, etc.
- Coordinate community events including Annual Blood Drive, Annual Flu Shots
- Provide monthly employee service/anniversary letters for President
- Send employee anniversary options (Tiffany gift or cash) for 5, 10, 15….years of service
- Monthly Birthday & Anniversary Report – work with Exec EA to schedule
- Assist employees with relevant information requests
- Conduct exit interviews
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent: some college preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- 2-5 years Human Resources experience, excellent communication and customer service skills, ability to establish good rapport quickly, strong organizational and project management abilities, knowledge of current HR law regarding employment
- Payroll and HRIS experience preferred.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).