Director of Marketing - Apparel
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Date Posted: 2/3/2021
Position Summary: Do you dream in color? Strategize in style? This role will be responsible for guiding marketing campaigns from inspiration through creation and implementation to connect with Apparel/Accessories retailers and exhibitors.
- Define the strategic vision for soft goods categories/industries including Apparel & Accessories, Footwear, Children’s, Men’s, Fine Jewelry and Western/English.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic marketing plan and programs to drive traffic to market and support sales and revenue objectives.
- Direct internal resources (creative, PR, operations, digital) to deliver the marketing plan to support key objectives.
- Define at-market event strategy, based on business priorities, to drive buyer traffic across campus.
- Develop and manage marketing event budget.
- Manage all at-market events, hospitalities and related programs/initiatives.
- Collaborate with in-house catering partner on all event planning, execution and billing.
- Oversee development and production of marketing materials (signage, digital content, print collateral).
- Develop and execute leasing sales materials as needed to support revenue driving initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (Leasing, Retail Development) to ensure integration.
- Collaborate with interdepartmental team members to ensure efficiencies, cross promotion opportunities and marketing support (ex. Gift/Home, Lighting, Design).
- Execute/Collaborate on key programs/initiatives specific to the Apparel industry (Style Eyes/Influencers, Fashion Shows, Product trend activations)
- Assist with ideation, exhibitor relations and asset gathering related to bi-annual Spark magazine editions.
- Measure impact of marketing initiatives and develop strategies to address key learnings.
- Adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field.
- 6 to 8 years of progressive marketing experience; agency experience preferred.
- Strong leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative individual capable of adapting to changing industry conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to lead and influence others.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Self-starter, assertive, go-getter with high energy and desire to drive the business.
- Knowledge of wholesale buying, and/or apparel/fashion industry preferred.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices preferred.
- Event planning background preferred.
- Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift.
- Market Environment – Duties are more strenuous and requite light lifting, moving and a significant amount of walking.
- Weekend work required during Apparel & Accessories markets; minimal travel on occasion.
- Analytical Orientation: Creates measurable, quantitative metrics to monitor success.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his or her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Creativity: Develops new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; can diffuse even high-tension situations effectively and communicate highly technical information in a simplistic and easily understandable way.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information in a useful manner.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Strategic Perspective: Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).