Marketing Director - Light & Design
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Date Posted: 2/3/2021
Job Overview: Dallas Market Center (DMC) is in search of a strategic, creative and organized Director of Marketing with a minimum of 6-8 years’ experience to join its marketing team. This role is meant for a driven, self-motivated problem solver. The position will support the Lighting and Home/Designer industry initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs including collateral, email, social media, content marketing and event planning.
- What can you expect? To manage fun marketing projects and events for the Home and Lighting industries that aim to drive new buyer prospecting and increase buyer attendance at market; To collaborate with the Marketing, Creative, Sales, Leasing and Operations teams to ensure integration; Some weekend work during specific events/markets and potentially some occasional travel.
- What do we expect? Strong strategic thinking, creative yet consistent point of view, superb communication and management skills, disciplined creative processes and an ability to think on your feet.
- The bottom line? You are joining a great team of creative minds and fun people. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing for Design and Lighting and manages the Marketing Coordinator, ArchLIGHT Summit, ARTS Awards, Design Week.
- Develop and execute comprehensive, strategic marketing plans and programs to support sales and revenue objectives, which include the management of major events such as:
- The ARTS Awards, the largest home furnishings awards program in the industry capped off with a black-tie gala during January market
- Spring and Fall Design Weeks, a bi-annual event to support our daily design business
- ArchLIGHT Summit, a new commercial lighting trade show debuting in Sept. 2021
- Direct internal resources (Creative, PR, Events, Website, Social) to deliver the marketing plan; Oversee development and production of marketing materials
- Manage marketing budgets specific to assigned events and event support
- Develop and execute media plans including print, online, social media and email to drive awareness and traffic to events
- Outline and manage content and social media marketing programs, including email, blogs and public relations efforts
- Communication and coordination with ARTS Awards nominees, finalists, judges, nomination committee, presenters, gala attendees and sponsors
- Evaluate and monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports
- Measure impact of marketing initiatives and develop strategies to address key learnings; Develop, program and report on surveys
- Adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Other related duties as assigned
- Marketing Coordinator, ArchLIGHT Summit, ARTS Awards, Design Week
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 6-8 years of progressive marketing experience; Agency experience preferred
- Strong leadership, collaboration, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing at least one team member
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to lead and influence others
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strategic thinking with the ability to make important decisions, analyze metrics and present results
- Self-starter, assertive, go-getter with high energy and desire to drive the business
- Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
- Market Environment – Light lifting, moving and a significant amount of walking
- Analytical Orientation: Creates measurable, quantitative metrics to monitor success.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; Knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his or her business and organization; Knows the competition; Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; Demonstrates high standards of behavior; Empowers subordinates; Consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
- Organization: Can marshal resources to get things done; Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; Uses resources effectively and efficiently; Arranges information in a useful manner.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; Challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Strategic Perspective: Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge; Can easily pose future scenarios; Can think globally; Can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
- Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work unit or within the organization.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
- Vision: Develops and implements the use of a strategic vision of the organization in the future.