Marketing Coordinatior - Light & Design
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Date Posted: 2/3/2021
Job Overview: Dallas Market Center (DMC) is in search of a creative, organized and energetic Marketing Coordinator with 2-3 years’ experience to join its marketing team. This role is meant for a driven, self-motivated go-getter. The position will support the Lighting and Home/Designer industry initiatives with the planning, execution, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, social media, content marketing and event planning.
- What can you expect? To coordinate fun marketing projects and events for the Home and Lighting industries that aim to drive new buyer prospecting and increase buyer attendance at market; Some weekend work during specific events/markets (as needed), and potentially some occasional travel.
- What do we expect? A creative yet consistent point of view, strong communication skills, disciplined attention to detail, and an ability to think strategically and on your feet. This position will also demand exceptional organization and project management skills.
- The bottom line? You are joining a great team of creative minds and fun people. This position reports to the Director of Marketing, ArchLIGHT Summit, ARTS Awards, Design Week.
- Assist Director of Marketing, ArchLIGHT Summit, ARTS Awards, Design Week with day to day industry responsibilities, including event planning for major events such as:
- The ARTS Awards, the largest home furnishings awards program in the industry capped off with a black-tie gala during January market.
- Spring and Fall Design Weeks, a bi-annual event to support our daily design business.
- ArchLIGHT Summit, a new commercial lighting trade show debuting in Sept. 2021.
- Help manage schedules, coordination and marketing tasks for all projects as they relate to the three major events listed above; Track and review projects to ensure they are executed with excellence, on time and within budget; Communicate with stakeholders on project status, issues and risks.
- Brainstorm speaker selection and coordinate to bring speakers to major markets, including contracts, travel and budgets.
- Generate and execute fun events and creative hospitality options to provide an enjoyable market experience.
- Assist with coordinating paid media commitments and barters; Traffic media materials.
- Proofread copy for marketing materials, ensuring consistent voice & accurate content.
- Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including blogs and public relations efforts.
- Organize industry asset libraries and manage photography and video coordination for each major market.
- Support VP and Director of Marketing with industry related business needs, such as industry research and identifying trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Event Planning or a related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing role; Event planning experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding proofreading skills.
- Firm grasp on various marketing channels and best practices, including social, digital, and email.
- High level of creativity and an outgoing personality.
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines; Must be flexible and willing to assist the team however needed.
- Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift.
- Market Environment – Light lifting, moving and a significant amount of walking.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; Must be clear, concise and easily understood.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Industry Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions, and practices.
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Organization: Can marshal resources to get things done; Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; Uses resources effectively and efficiently; Arranges information in a useful manner.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; Challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work unit or within the organization.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).