Department: Marketing and Creative Services
We are a small, fast-paced internal Creative Team who creates high-caliber creative for multiple business segments including fashion, home décor, and lighting. We inspire our audiences of retailers, interior designers and leading brands from around the globe with strategically sound, breakthrough creative through a variety of channels (e.g. print, web, social, email, video).
You are a leader, and an amazing creative. You are big picture while juggling the small stuff. You generate ideas and excel at problem solving. You have an innate ability to motivate a small, nimble team of designers and generate top creative outputs yourself. You are not afraid to take risks and you push yourself and the team to new heights. You independently identify and solve issues before they turn into problems, and you work collaboratively with partners at all levels.
You are a team player. You are a great listener and collaborator; you have creative vision and know how to bring it to life. You are low ego, have strong negotiation skills, and can communicate the creative strategy to others.
You design with energy and passion for your craft. Creativity, design, photography, motion and video are your passion and you inspire the creative team with your knowledge, energy and ambition.
You create strategically. You have the ability to see a vision through from sketch to final product while meeting business needs. Delivering amazing work that generates results and compels action is your goal.
You are organized, methodical, and timely. You meet or exceed all creative expectations for deliverables. You work within deadlines, briefs, and creative direction leveraging outside vendors such as freelancers, videographers, photographers and illustrators as needed.
You are an experienced and motivated talent and you have the skills set to show for it: extensive experience leading and designing for digital and print platforms and the ability to lead photography, visual merchandising, brand guidelines, video and experiential projects.
You are a self-starter who will create projects and have a polished visual aesthetic that is fun and energetic. You lead with passion; you’re a thinker with a growth mindset. You are proactive and come to the table with ideas and improvements. You are constantly keeping up with new creative trends.
- Provide strategic creative vision with a true mastery for unravelling complex problems and driving teams to their solution
- Demonstrate a pixel-perfect design sensibility as well as tight typography chops
- Direct, manage and plan all photo and video shoots ensuring top quality work is produced
- Manage multiple projects, partners and team members all while keeping your cool
- Create design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Apply & manage evolving brand identity systems, typography, photography, color and other items to create innovative solutions that align with business and user needs
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Articulate a vision and lead direction of creative based on business needs and strategy
- Create design briefs and resulting work to ensure the correct level of aspiration and accountability is maintained
- Proficient in Digital, Social, AV, and Print advertising formats and top of class design benchmarks
- Find and develop working relationships with new creative and production vendors, as well as strengthening partnerships with current vendors, to conceive/execute campaigns
- Lead by example. Get into the trenches with creative team
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the marketplace and competitive landscape in addition to cultural, design, and business trends
- Consistently articulate your point of view utilizing visual storytelling to stakeholders as well as senior leaders
- Collaborate as a strategic partner to internal teams across multiple industries
- Develop designers as thinkers, leaders, and innovators through leadership, meaningful feedback, timely criticism, and ongoing mentorship
- Provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep deliverables on time and on budget
- Lead and work with full-time team members, contract workers as well as external agencies as needed
- Oversee day-to-day department responsibilities
- Develop annual department budget and ensure that budget is maintained.
- Graphic Designer, Art Director, Videographer, Visual Merchandiser
- External partners as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Creative field, Strong understanding of industry trends and Creative Tools including Adobe Creative Suite, intimate understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines
- 8+ years of professional experience in a design or creative field
- 5+ years in a creative leadership role, though, we are looking for the right fit, not the right number of years
- An amazing online portfolio showcasing multiple types of projects and solutions
- Proven excellence in growing and leading designers for print, digital, social, photography and video
- Demonstrated humility, collaboration, and leadership skills, combined with optimism and an inventive and entrepreneurial spirit
- In-house Creative Team experience a must
- Fashion, Home/Design Experience preferred
- Experience working with external resources to get the work done
- A tireless desire to learn; driven by curiosity
- Experience creating and managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel
- Strong working knowledge of brand development, the creative process, and integrated marketing, including digital, video, audio, print, and visual merchandising/experiential
- Excellent communicator with management and team
- Self-motivator and ability to motivate others to creatively and strategically solve multiple problems at once, under tight deadlines
- Fluent in current Adobe Creative Suites Applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft suite of products
Required Core Competencies:
- Analytical Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Comfort interacting with customers and internal staff
- Strong persuasive skills