IT Data Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Dallas Market Center is looking for an experienced Data Analyst who enjoys finding simple solutions to complex problems. This candidate brings technical expertise to ensure the quality, accuracy, and reliability of system and application data. The Data Analyst processes and extracts data to develop and present reports that allow key stakeholders to be more successful in their roles. This position requires a fine eye for detail, as well as experience with databases and common data analysis tools.
- Manages company data, including creation, updates, and deletion
- Commissions and decommissions data sets, providing quality assurance and standardization of imported data
- Provides technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Manages data cleanup efforts and supports other initiatives for data integrity and normalization
- Assists with prospecting efforts and validates, de-dupes, and inserts data into appropriate systems
- Assists in the development of data collection systems and other strategies to optimize efficiency and data quality
- Provides data upon request, conducts proper data analysis, and produces reports as needed
- Possesses excellent interviewing and requirement gathering skills
- Employs high-level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas in clear concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Creates post-market reports from multiple systems to summarize and evaluate market performance
- Understands trends and provides recommendations for management to streamline data collection efforts
- Reviews campaign results, working closely with relevant departments after campaigns to identify target data changes and maintain data integrity
- Examines and interprets past campaign data and responses to provide desired reports to various departments to help drive future marketing activities
- Ensures all systems, applications, and data transactions operate correctly and as anticipated
- Manages users and user roles in various systems
- Performs quality assurance testing of new applications after rollout and verifies system integrity before and after deployments
- Works closely with team members to help maintain system uptime, performance, and documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Temporary and seasonal IT staff, including data mining and telemarketing temps
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to create and decipher SQL scripts for Microsoft and Oracle databases
- Proficiency in MS SQL data manipulation and reporting
- Proficiency in queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, data analysis, and reports)
- Experience with Salesforce and/or HubSpot is a plus
- Experience with SQL server execution and query optimization is a plus
- Experience with MS SQL’s reporting tools is a plus
- Experience with Tableau or other query applications is a plus
- Ability to sit in an office environment for most of each day
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise, and easily understood.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions and plans to solve those problems.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques to improve own performance proactively and continuously. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Systems/Technology: Manages the use of technologies in the context of achieving work-unit or organization objectives. Understands systems and technologies, including their interrelationships and impacts, and appropriately applies that understanding to advance the achievement of work-unit or organization objectives. Demonstrates technical proficiency and comprehends its impact upon work unit responsibility.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).