Director of Marketing
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Dallas Market Center is seeking a strategic, resourceful and detail-oriented Director of Marketing to join our fun and collaborative Marketing team. This role will oversee buyer acquisition and prospecting efforts to promote the Dallas Market Center brand across all wholesale industry verticals. They will be responsible for the strategy and execution of multichannel media campaigns, email prospecting campaigns and social media to drive new buyer acquisition of retail store owners and interior designers, along with driving buyer traffic to market. This position will own all aspects of paid media and media sponsorship programs, including strategic goals and objectives, budget, communications channel planning and performance measurement. They will implement testing plan frameworks to measure business impact, turning insight into action with an agile test and learn mindset. The Director of Marketing will also manage two direct reports, a Marketing Manager and a Media Coordinator.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic paid media plans and media sponsorship/partnership programs to drive buyer traffic to market while supporting sales and revenue objectives.
- Negotiate media contracts and manage 20+ high profile media relationships across multiple wholesale industries.
- Manage ongoing campaign tracking & reporting while providing optimization recommendations to stakeholders.
- Keep a pulse on competitive campaigns and actively research new media opportunities for paid and sponsored programs.
- Oversee prospecting email campaigns including implementation of workflow triggers, CRM strategies, and performance measurement.
- Oversee paid social media campaigns leveraging a variety of industry strategies and custom audiences, including look-a-likes, demographic and interest based segments.
- Be the paid social expert for the client on campaign performance and optimization providing insights into the best strategies and tactics to achieve business objectives
- Direct internal creative resources to deliver the media plan to support key objectives and meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (Leasing, Retail Development) to support program initiatives and ensure integration.
- Collaborate with interdepartmental team members to ensure efficiencies, cross promotion opportunities and marketing support.
- Measure impact of marketing initiatives and develop strategies to address key learnings.
- Adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Marketing Manager
- Media Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field
- 8 - 10 years of progressive marketing experience; agency experience preferred; across a variety of industry verticals.
- Strong background in media planning and buying.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing brand strategies.
- Media sponsorship or general sponsorship experience preferred.
- Deep understanding of Facebook’s advertising platform.
- Management experience required.
- Client service/Client relationship management background a plus.
- Experience working in Hubspot a strong plus.
- Previous responsibility for effectively managing a media budget.
- Easy-going & adaptable that works easily with many different personality types.
- Strong leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative individual capable of adapting to changing industry conditions.
- Excellent project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities to meet deadlines in an environment with multiple and sometimes overlapping priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to lead and influence others.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Self-starter, assertive, go-getter with high energy and desire to drive the business.
- Knowledge of wholesale buying industry preferred (Gift, Home, Design, or Lighting industry experience a plus).
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices preferred.
- Must be able to sit in an office environment for the majority of each day.
- Light weekend work could be possible at times during markets; minimal travel on occasion.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).