Director of Buyer Marketing
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Dallas Market Center is seeking a highly strategic Director of Buyer Marketing to support buyer-facing marketing efforts across all industries (think Apparel, Home, Gift, Lighting and more). This role will be responsible for owning the strategy and execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns to bring retail store owners and interior designers to Market. We are looking for a driven and resourceful marketer who can jump in and take ownership of all aspects of buyer marketing programs including strategic goals and objectives, communications channel planning, content creation, list segmentation and performance measurement. This role will implement testing plan frameworks to measure business impact, turning insight into action with an agile test and learn mindset.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic marketing plan and programs to drive traffic to market and support sales and revenue objectives.
- Partner with full marketing team to identify methods of leveraging customer data, develop campaigns/journeys that will welcome new buyers to market and maintain loyalty with our buyers who attend Market most frequently, our VIPs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (Leasing, Retail Development) to support program initiatives and ensure integration.
- Direct internal resources (creative, PR, operations, digital) to deliver the marketing plan to support key objectives.
- Oversee development and production of marketing materials and content (signage, print collateral, web, email).
- Assist with ideation and asset gathering related to bi-annual Spark magazine editions.
- Measure impact of marketing initiatives and develop strategies to address key learnings.
- Adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Manage marketing budget.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by management.
- Coordinator, Buyer Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, or related field
- 5-7 years of progressive marketing experience across a variety of channels; agency experience preferred.
- Self-starter, assertive, go-getter with high energy and desire to drive the business.
- Strong leadership, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be easy-going and adaptable to work with many different personality types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to lead and influence others.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Manager experience required.
- Knowledge of wholesale buying industry preferred.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices preferred. HubSpot experience a strong plus.
- Must be able to sit in an office environment for most of each day.
- Light weekend work could be possible at times during markets, minimal travel on occasion.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise, and easily understood.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions and plans to solve those problems.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).