Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Dallas Market Center is seeking a Senior Art Director to join our team!
The Creative Services team as Dallas Market Center is an in-house group of spirited players specializing in the business of inspiration. That inspiration promotes our physical marketplace, trade events, and the brands represented inside to professional buyers including retailers and interior designers. While some of our everyday projects lean into the commercial side of this family-owned company, the materials that we produce are more artistic and conceptual in scope and are meant to arouse, excite, and impress.
The Senior Art Director works in tandem with the Creative Director to concept, produce, execute, and lead print and digital marketing projects. Some of the everyday items include logos, branding kits, advertising, publication design, sales materials, and wayfinding signage.
To excel in this position, the right candidate is adventurous, highly conceptual, and has a built-in interest in fashion design, interior design, trending gifts, home goods and accents. They are a fierce watcher of design trends but also remain highly concerned with organization and creating efficiencies. If you ever thought to yourself, “I bet we could do it better and faster this way” then we want to hear hear from you!
Some of our more artistic projects include editorial magazine design, large-scale environmental design, event activations, display experiences, and social and digital content. The only limits are those we set on ourselves. If you enjoy TV shows like Making It, Project Runway, and The Great British Bake-Off, then this is the place for you to come and play! We are looking for big dreamers!
Because our business is in-person within our marketplace, we do work in the office. We have over 5 million square feet of showrooms, products, and inspiration, including our own dedicated Starbucks!
- 70% Graphic Design / 30% Art Direction
- Partner closely with Marketing and Creative Director to build a compelling, strategic, and effective content roadmap
- Provide guidance to junior team members
- Concept, craft, and execute visual concepts based on different themes, seasons, and industries for print and digital collateral including emails, signage, web assets, web banners, print advertisements, and environmental
- Responsible for the Photo Art Direction for stories in an editorial publication.
- Help evolve and apply Dallas Market Center’s brand standards across all marketing materials
- Concept and help direct photo shoots for different markets and targets
- Communicates with various vendors to coordinate the execution of print and digital deliverables
- Translate ideas and business requirements into engaging visual presentations and design solutions
- Maintain, organize, and update archives of projects on group servers
- Efficiently handle high-volume workload and ensure all deadlines are met
- Other related duties as assigned
- Degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design or related field is preferred, or equivalent work experience with established brands.
- 5+ years of experience working in an agency or in-house setting
- 1-2 years acting as Art Director or senior visual designer at an agency or in-house setting
- Experience with, or a very strong passion for, fashion, trends, home goods and retail design
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of fundamental design, typography, photography, and design trends
- Strong time management abilities, and able to work with little supervision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate problems when they arise
- Must be able to receive constructive feedback from other team members/colleagues with an open mind
- Knowledge of making print ready files
- Familiar with best standards for designing for digital projects
- Willingness to learn things which are outside of your knowledge base
- Adventurous, improvisational, and courageous spirit that would fit in perfectly on TV shows like Project Runway, Great British Baking Show, and Making It.
- Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of workday
- Ability to lift, carry, and procure products for photoshoots
- Market Duties – Extended amounts of walking during shift
- Adventurous: Adventurous, improvisational, and courageous spirit that would fit in perfectly, and thrive, on TV shows like Project Runway, Great British Baking Show, and Making It.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise, and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems, or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques to improve their own performance proactively and continuously. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).