Social Media Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Dallas Market Center (DMC) is in search of a creative, organized and energetic Social Media Coordinator with 2-3 years’ experience to join its marketing team. The position will support the marketing department's industry initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, events, social media, or content marketing.
- What can you expect? To coordinate fun marketing projects across DMC industries that aim to drive new buyer prospecting and increase buyer attendance at market.
- What do we expect? A creative yet consistent point of view, strong communication skills, disciplined creative processes, and an ability to think strategically and on your feet. It will also demand exceptional organization and eager support of the Marketing and Sales teams. The position will require weekend work during markets.
- The bottom line? You are joining a great team of creative minds and fun people. This position reports to the Director of Buyer Marketing.
- Daily responsibilities will include sourcing, developing and managing content for DMC social media channels.
- Manage DMC social media channels based on strategic objectives (including response management, content scheduling, reporting, etc.).
- Own and execute social story posting during all major markets (could include weekend work as requested).
- Collaborate on strategic efforts to grow social following across all DMC industries.
- Manage & organize industry asset library along with lead photography and video coordination for each major market, including budgets.
- Coordinate tactical marketing projects, including copy, asset selection, testing, and analysis.
- Proofread copy for marketing materials, ensuring consistent voice & accurate content.
- Coordinate, program and report on post market surveys.
- Assist with media asset trafficking, reporting and content creation.
- Manage and monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports.
- Manage relationships with external partners to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness.
- Assist marketing team with day-to-day industry responsibilities, including event support where needed during major markets.
- Work directly with Managing Director of Marketing with industry related business needs, such as industry research and identifying trends.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (Leasing, Retail Development) to ensure integration into Marketing programs.
- Collaborate with interdepartmental team members to ensure efficiencies, cross promotion opportunities and marketing support (ex. Apparel, Lighting, Design).
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing role (full-time or internships).
- Experience with social media marketing.
- Must have strong organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding proofreading skills.
- Firm grasp on various marketing channels and best practices, including social, digital, and email.
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports.
- Must have a high level of creativity and a hungry/passionate attitude.
- Knowledge of Hubspot, Sprout Social and Google Analytics is preferred.
- Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift.
- Market Duties –Light lifting, moving and a significant amount of walking.
- Communication: Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood. Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities and interests of others.
- Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).