Sr. Visual Merchandiser & Stylist
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Dallas Market Center is looking for a Sr. Visual Merchandiser & Stylist to join our team! You will be responsible for designing and creating visual displays and photoshoot sets that support the customer experience and promote the business.
- Work with the Creative Director to design and execute on-site displays to achieve designated objectives (e.g., showcase trends, traffic generation, revenue generation, etc.)
- Function as a Lead Stylist for photoshoots, editorials, and content-creation.
- Interface with exhibitor customers to secure product for displays; work directly with exhibitors and their exhibit spaces.
- Partner effectively with internal departments to orchestrate the production of displays and photo sets including building/construction, installation, and dismantling.
- Coordinate effectively with customers (e.g., exhibitors) to procure product, coordinate pickup, maintain product inventory, and return product to and from showrooms.
- Track and review line-lists/cutlines for displays and photoshoots.
- Interface with internal Operations and Construction teams to install work on-site.
- Nurture and maintain positive relationships with existing and prospective exhibitors; professionally represents the company as a knowledgeable and courteous resource.
- Creatively maximize available budgetary resources.
- Ability to work longer hours before market weeks.
- Freelance Stylists and Freelance Production Crew
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- 5-7 years of similar work – e.g., visual merchandising, lead stylist
- Strong fashion and styling skills with the ability to work within multiple aesthetics and categories
- Experienced at using Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, or other visual design tools to create renders and presentation on a PC platform
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to accept feedback
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Office Environment - Ability to keep in motion for majority of work shift
- Ability to lift heavy objects, push carts, and walk long distances on your own, without assistance
- Able to travel to shoot locations, primarily within the DFW area and surrounding 200 miles
- Load and drive a truck
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
- Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer and acts accordingly.
- External Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions, and practices.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems, or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
- Vision: Develops and implements the use of a strategic vision of the organization in the future.