Protective Services Security Officer – 1st Shift
Department: Protective Services
Position Summary: Ensure safety and protection of all people and assets on DMC property
- Effectively ensures the safety and protection of the DMC, its employees, exhibitors, buyers and their accompanying assets; responds to emergency situations and provides First Aid, CPR, and/or AED to injured or ill persons as needed.
- Effectively ensures the integrity and safety of showrooms and company facilities; patrols company property on foot or in security vehicle to discourage criminal activity and enforce parking regulations.
- Ensures adequate authorization of all individuals on DMC premises, including dock areas; challenges and addresses non-badged individuals accordingly.
- Prepares accurate and thorough documentation of all accidents and incidents that occur on DMC campus.
- Re-configures parking lots as necessary using traffic equipment and signage for special events and markets; provides vehicular traffic control in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Performs Dispatch duties which include, but are not limited to, processing of keys; monitoring CCTV, access control systems and fire panels; answering phone calls and monitoring news/weather/law enforcement scanner.
- Perform World Trade Center Front Desk duties as outlined in the Protective Services Standard Operating Procedures.
- 7 am - 3 pm
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of customer service, security, or military experience.
- Moderate proficiency with computer programs.
- TX Driver’s license with minimal accidents and/or traffic violations. Required
- Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed as a commissioned security officer in accordance with the Texas DPS Private Security Bureau.