DALLAS – May 29, 2019 – Dallas Market Center announces the finalists of the 10th Annual Gourmet Gold Specialty Good Awards to be held during Dallas Total Home & Gift Market, June 19-25, 2019.
The Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards, sponsored by Gourmet Insider magazine, celebrate exceptional manufacturers in the gourmet products industry exhibiting at Dallas Market Center. With more than 1,000 gourmet food and accessories lines featured in the Gourmet Market in the World Trade Center, gourmet maintains a strong presence at Dallas Market Center as resources in the category continue to expand.
The June 2019 Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Finalists are:
Best Fruit Confit
· Sweet Potato Pecan Butter - Ala Carte Alice
· Cranberry Relish – Jalapeno Gold
· Blackberry Fire – Lone Star Pepper Co.
· Strawberry Jalapeno Jam – Raven’s Nest Specialties
· Peach Pepper Jam – Southern Roots Sisters
Best Soup or Chili
· Shrimp Bisque – Ala Carte Alice
· Ben Jack Larado Chuck Wagon Chili – Ben Jack Larado Gourmet Foods
· Dede’s Cajun Cuisine Jambalaya Starter Sauce – Dede’s Cajun Country Cuisine
Best Healthy Lifestyle
· Alberto’s Sweet Jalapeno Relish – Alberto’s Food Products, Inc.
· Jalapeno Pepper Salt – Behrnes’ Pepper Salts
· Tomato Basil Bruschetta – Copperleaf Gourmet Foods, Inc.
· Beet Pickled Quail Eggs – Gourmet Gardens Specialty Foods
· Peppery Garlic – Salad Spice
· JabaliGrind Low Salt w/Garlic – JabaliGrind
· Mango Pineapple Craft Cocktail – Trishnna Tea
· Curried Away Coconut Chicken – Two Sisters At Home
· Alberto’s Pickled Asparagus – Alberto’s Food Products, Inc.
· Black Bean & Corn Salsa – Copperleaf Gourmet Foods, Inc.
· Deanan Delight – Deanan Gourmet Popcorn
· Jumpin’ Jack’s Bacon-Nator Dip Mix – Deep Fork Foods
· 40 piece Wood Box-Sea Salt Caramels – Dutch House Confections
· Flathau’s Fine Foods Sharp Cheddar Cheese Straws- Flathau’s Fine Foods
· Spice Pickled Quail Eggs – Gourmet Gardens
· Brazil Nut Filled Biscuit – Panela Pantry
· Garden Party Mix – Raven’s Nest Specialties
· Savory Yo-Yo’S Snack Crackers – Savory Fine Foods
· Raspberry Chipotle Jam – Southern Roots Sisters
· Texas Sweet Heat-Mild – Texas Sweet Heat
· Crackalacka Toasted Coconut Cracker Seasoning – Two Sisters at Home
Best Chocolate Candy/Dessert
· Mama’s Chocolate Pie – Aunt Bee’z Delicious Desserts
· Hot Fudge Sauce – Backhouse Foods
· No Bake Turtle Cheesecake – Country Home Creations
· Bourbon Pecan Truffle – Spokandy Chocolatier
· Dark Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt Fudge – The Nutty Bavarian
Best Non-Chocolate Candy/Dessert
· Tipsy Butterscotch Sauce – Backhouse Foods
· 63 Piece Wood Box-Original Caramels – Dutch House Confections
· Jalapeno Peanut Butter – Jalapeno Gold
· Pistachio Brittle – Pajama Sweets
· Dulce De Leche Bourbon Caramel – Spokandy Chocolatier
· Cinnamon Glazed Pecans – The Nutty Bavarian
Best Condiment l
· Chipotle Pepper Salt – Behrnes’ Pepper Slats
· Bentley’s Batch 5 Sweet ‘N Heat Barbeque Sauce – Bentley’s Batch 5
· White Cheddar Jalapeno Dip Mix – Country Home Creations
· Daddy’s Magic Dust – Daddy’s Seasonings
· Dede’s Cajun Cuisine Louisiana Red Hot Sauce – Dede’s Cajun Country Cuisine
· Jumpin’Jack’s Sweet Heat Chipotle-Lime Sauce – Deep Forks Foods
· JabaliGrind – JabaliGrind
· J Welch Farms Dipping Spice – J Welch Farms
· Salsa El Gallo Restaurant Style Jalapeno Salsa – Las Delicias Distributors
· Hot & Sweet Pepper Relish – Lone Star Pepper Company
· Liquid Cane Sugar – Panela Pantry
· Perpetual Vanilla – Perpetual Vanilla
· Savory Spicy Guacamole Party Cracker Seasoning – Savory Fine Foods
· Smokin’ Mary Original – Smokin’ Mary
· Texas Sweet Heat-hot – Texas Sweet Heat
· Evil Cowboy “Sacrifice” – Texas Triangle Grove, Evil Cowboy
Best Condiment ll
· J Welch Farms Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil – J Welch Farms
· Liquid Panela – Panela Pantry
· Sweet Greek – Salad Spice
· Ben Jack Larado Bloody Mary Mix (with Pickled Asparagus Spear in Every Bottle) – Ben Jack Larado
· Bentley’s Batch 5 Hot Barbeque Bloody Mary Mix – Bentley’s Batch 5
· Pickle Sips (Sweet Heart) – Cin Chili & Company
· Skip’s Mix – Skip’s Mix
· Green with Envy – Smokin’ Mary
· Evil Cowboy “Two Brothers” Bloody Mary Mix- Texas Triangle Grove, Evil Cowboy
· Ginger Coconut Herbal Tea – Trishnna Tea
· Mix It Up! Variety Pack - Wine-A-Rita
· Flathau’s Fine Foods Butterscotch Snaps – Flathau’s Fine Foods
· Dr. Pete’s Rustic French Bread – Dr. Pete’s Specialty Foods
Food entries are judged based on taste, originality and packaging. Judging will take place Thursday, June 20 and winners will be revealed during an awards ceremony and cocktail reception on Friday, June 21, in the World Trade Center Atrium at 6 PM. Visit dallasmarketcenter.com/gourmetgold for more information.
About Gourmet Market
For three decades, Gourmet Market at Dallas Market Center has been the premier buyers’ resource for “everything gourmet.” This 22,000-square-foot market-within-a-market features more than 1,000 product lines from across the country and around the world, including specialty food and beverages, kitchen and wine accessories, housewares, casual tabletop and gifts for all occasions, as well as events, tastings and demonstrations. The Gourmet Market is the only permanent gourmet showroom in the industry open daily between markets with full-time staff on site. Registered buyers are welcome from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. on weekdays and extended hours during markets.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in gourmet and housewares, home décor, holiday/floral, gifts, lighting and apparel. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products from exhibitors throughout the year via dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories markets featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers; the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; and the largest and most successful open-daily design center.
The marketplace is located in the strongest economic zone in the country. In addition, more than 80% of Dallas Market Center buyers report that they do not shop other market centers. To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center App. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the Dallas Market Center blog.