Protective Services Security Office-2nd Shift
Department: Protective Services
Date Posted: 11/2/2017
Dallas Market Center, the largest wholesale merchandise resource in the world, has been bringing buyers and exhibitors together for more than 50 years. In Red, you’ll find products representing every category including home furnishings, gifts, decorative accents, lighting, garden accessories, gourmet items, holiday décor, textiles, fashion accessories and apparel. We hold 50-plus markets each year attended by more than 200,000 buyers from across the globe.
Dallas Market Center offers an attractive compensation package including:
Dallas Market Center offers a variety of benefits for full-time associates that are designed to add value to your total compensation package and to protect you and your family. Our benefits offerings include:
Medical & Dental Insurance
Health Savings Accounts for medial expenses
Flexible Spending Accounts for Dependent Care expenses
401K Retirement Program with a 100% Company match up to 3% of your salary
Paid sick-time & vacation
11 Paid Holidays - Including your Birthday!
Long Term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
On-site cafeteria with a 40% discount
- Free Parking and so much more!
Full-time associates and their spouse (or domestic partner), children and dependants are eligible for benefits the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
Full time Protective Services Officer: This position will maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and employees throughout the property. Provide security for Markets, special events and functions held on property.
- Monitor the safety and security of the property through vehicle/foot patrol, stationary post and traffic control
- Perform safety duties at special events including: checking access badges, issuing work passes, protecting property, maintaining order, and directing traffic for Markets, special events and other functions
- Provide assistance to guests and employees in need of medical attention, while awaiting the arrival of emergency medical personnel. May be required to administer minor first aid including CPR.
- Prepare incident, accident, and other reports
- Conduct safety inspections. Report safety hazards and defective equipment to maintenance for repair. Provide security to dignitaries, escort employees or exhibitors
- Conduct ID verification, and enforce company policies and procedures
- Support Lost and Found operation as required
- Dispatch duties: Monitoring surveillance cameras, documenting radio traffic, assisting exhibitors with building and showroom access and answering inbound phone calls. Ability to multi-task, handle and resolve problems and communicate effectively in a fast paced environment
- Setting up exterior barriers and other lot equipment for various events
- Perform other assigned duties
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience: Security related or law enforcement experience preferred, but not required. Must be able to complete the security classroom and on-the-job training program
- Hospitality experience preferred. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver’s License and a satisfactory driving record required. CPR certification or attain certification within 90 days of start date, must be registered in accordance with the state law (timeframe varies by state requirement)
- Successfully pass an extensive background investigation
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
- Able to stand for extended periods in any weather
- Computer knowledge. Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Maintain neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207