Position Summary: Maintains the cleanliness and safety of the DMC buildings
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Ensures that restrooms are clean, stocked and sanitized
· Ensures that meeting and event rooms are clean and orderly
· Effectively maintains all public space throughout DMC campus
· Removes and properly disposes of trash throughout DMC campus
· Maintains carpeted areas; vacuums and spot cleans as necessary
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Previous custodial experience preferred, but not required
· Walk and stand for vast majority of shift
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).