Position Summary: The Graphic Designer conceptualizes, creates and executes print and digital marketing projects. This includes logos, print and digital ads, web and social media assets, signage, borchures, infographics, emails utilizing HTML5/CSS3, and more.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Create visual concepts that communicate ideas based on different themes or industries
· Develop layouts and production design for print and digital collateral including emails, signage, web assets, web banners, print advertisements
· Help establish and apply Dallas Market Center’s brand standards across all marketing materials
· Translate ideas and business requirements into engaging visual presentations and design solutions
· Maintain, organize, and update archives of projects on group servers
· Efficiently handle high-volume workload and ensure all deadlines are met
· Other related duties as assigned
· Degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design or related field
· 2-4 years of design experience (print and digital)
· Strong proficiency with Dreamweaver, Adobe Creative Suite 6 including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
· Basic proficiency with HTML5/CSS3 for building emails; experience with HubSpot a plus
· Strong attention to detail
· Solid knowledge of fundamental design, typography, photography, and design trends
· Strong time management abilities, and able to work with little supervision
· Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate problems when they arise
· Must be able to receive constructive feedback from other team members and colleagues with an open mind
· Knowledge of making print ready files
· Willingness to learn things which are outside of your knowledge base
· Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work day
· Market Duties – Extended amounts of walking during shift
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).